Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Record labels article numbers

Hey guys,

I've been kinda curious for a time now what the Japanese labels artiicle number stand for.

For example POCE-????, FWD-????, AVCD-????, SDR-??? etc.

First of all, I want to know what the POCE- article code stands for. I know it has something to do with artists on Universal Music but I don't understand what the P means and so on.

AVCD is avex trax, but lately some of their artist has got new article numbers in form of YICQ-????? (for CD) and YIBQ-????? (for DVD)

I just wonder if some of you guys know what the letters in each article number stands for..

AVCD is letter words before EFGH lol j/k :P

but seriously, i only know AVCD stands for : Audio Visual Computer Display

SDR - speed disk records.
Yeah, SDR and FWD is the only one I know for sure (Speed disk Records & Free-will-Disc/Free-will Distribution)

But I'm curious what POCE-xxxx stands for..

Whose disc is it? It could well be self-produced and then it stands for the band/artist or something

Whose disc is it? It could well be self-produced and then it stands for the band/artist or something
D'espairsRay

VIDOLL

DuelJewel

has discs with the article number POCE-xxxx

kannivalism

GACKT

and other "visual" artists has discs with the new avex article code YICQ-xxxxx and YIBQ-xxxxx

SDR = Speed Disk Records as we already know.

PSIS = PS Indies something

And yes, I know it could be bands own label's article number (9goats has dalli article code NINE-XXX and amber gris has an griffons AGR-00X, chemical pictures CPS-XXX)

I was wondering, since I have seen POCE on so many CD's I got curious what it stands for..

Hmmz, POCE is a strange variety... It has MUCC, despa, Vidoll, but also some Japanese releases by the Beatles en horslips (re-releases though), some Jpop artists and even some American R&B artists did have POCE-releases...

So, it really doesn't have one purpose as far as I can see.. Oldest release I can find with a POCE release is a Shakalabbits (POCE-8602) and a Kelly Chen (POCE-3001) release from 2001, but even before that I see a POCY-release by The Velvet Underground (POCY-9005) from 2000... and even some POCJ releases from 2001/2002...

Lowest POCE release I found so far is by is POCE-2202, Static Trampoline by Chris Pierce...

One thing all POCE-releases have in common, is that they are Japanese releases...

So apparently, POC stands for something, while the last letter makes it another class or something... (E, J and Y)

I've been wondering about POCE too! All major labels have strange product numbers, but that one's super weird. I'll post it if I ever figure it out~

There's something else I wonder about major label product numbers: for indie labels, the product numbers of “typesâ€

I've been wondering about POCE too! All major labels have strange product numbers, but that one's super weird. I'll post it if I ever figure it out~

There's something else I wonder about major label product numbers: for indie labels, the product numbers of “typesâ€

read here is despairs, vidoll etc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Records,_Inc.

maybe it has something to do with independent labels that collaborate with universal music

POCE is in universal music JAPAN only releases

but universal music is one of the biggest record companies that has many labels and collaborates with many

i saw CDs that write

record company : universal music

and label:universal

the code always starts with UP..

when it's universal music

label: something else

it has different codes , one of them is POCE

a label with POCE is also sword (above link)

edit:mucc is in universal/danger crue (but i don't know if danger crue has poce.i saw sword records has poce for sure)

Sign in to follow this