Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

cali≠gari - 11

So what do you think, guys?

For me personally, the start was somehow weak until Shabaranda ended. The rest was somehow surprising, considering the fact that I was afraid of it's possible "10-ness" - Otoko Roman needs to grow on me for awhile but overall, it was a nice album. Nice mix of Shuuji's and Ao's handwork/compositions...kinda wondering what did Kenjirou contribute since Makoto for eg. took a part in *self-covering* the whole album.

I suck at giving proper ratings but EDIT: 8,5/10.

waaat

first half of the album, up to aiai, is perfect and crazy and i love it!! second half of the album isn't as strong (probably because their was only one new song), but i still really enjoyed tracks 8 and 11.

i'll only really be revisiting 7 of these songs (only 5 of which are new) so if i had to give it a numerical score it'd be 7/10. its a good album and the excellent first half should be enough for anyone to give the album a listen~

I think it's wonderful album. I really liked 10 too as many hated that, but regardless this is much better than 10 IMO! It's so fun and upbeat and didn't get bored at all during album. 9/10!

I liked it too. It's their first post-reunion CD I enjoy. I'd give it a 6/10, enjoyable but still too many Ishii songs. The 2nd half is probably the strongest part of the album, and, as you can imagine, it's basically Ao running the show.

Songwriting credits if anyone besides Pretsy cares:

1- 吐イテ棄テロ - Song and lyrics by Ishii

2- JAP ザ リパー - Lyrics: Ao/Song: Ishii

3- 娑婆乱打 - Song and lyrics by Ishii

4- コック ア ドゥードゥル - Lyrics: Ishii/Song: Ishii and Kenjirou

5- その斜陽、あるいはエロチカ: - Song and lyrics by Ao

6- アイアイ - Song and lyrics by Ishii

7- 初恋中毒 - - Song and lyrics by Ao

8- すべてが狂ってる ~私は子供が嫌いです 編~ - Song and lyrics by Ao

9- 暗中浪漫 - Song and lyrics by Ishii

10- 最後の宿題 - Song and lyrics by Ao

11- 東京、40時29分59秒 - Song and lyrics by Ao

The experience is still fresh (so this might just be the excitement) but seriously this has the potential to almost be up there with my favorite cali≠gari albums! Maybe it's just the shock, since I didn't expect much after hearing the previews, but this album turned out really crazy and interesting in my opinion. I like how it mixes standard cali≠gari insanity with their recent electronic tweaks, at times forging an even more crazy-sounding mix (see: Subete ga kurutteru, or any of the first two songs). Of course the compulsory nostalgia-tinged ballad (Tokyo,...) and likewise nostalgic/teary-eyed-but-fast pop song (Saigo no shukudai, in the vein of songs like School Zone or Seishun kyousoukyoku) are present, of which the latter one I really became attached to. I must also mention track 05: while not my favorite song (yet?), it really took me by surprise! At times on this song I could hear a vague influence of BUCK-TICK even (cca. SANE or a more subtle song off their SEXY STREAM LINER album); nice sound.

Overall I am more than pleased with this album! I wasn't expecting crap of course, but they really shone on this one, in my eyes (ears? xD). I also liked their other post-reunion stuff but I think this one takes the cake. I'd give it a 8/10, good job!

So, Makoto and Kenjirou basically didn't do anything whatsoever composition-wise. At least Kenjirou has track 4, partially..

Sign in to follow this