Which do you have/want?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you have/want?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Windows
    • Other

Well, I don't own any tablets myself, but I have both a Macbook and an iPod, so I'm rather used too Apple products. Problem with iPads is that (just like with other Apple products) some faults in Apple's software update might cause it to become slower or have some minor bugs. Apple will fix it in the meantime, but it's still annoying. A friend of mine has an iPad but she says it's the best damn thing she's ever gotten herself. Apparently Samsung Galaxy tablet is great as well.

I myself got a budget one, yarvik tab250, since a few days. only 90 euros, 7", android 2.3.3 gingerbread. only rela downside is it doesnt support the real android market but the getjar market, identicl to the real one but with some fewer apps.

niw it works like a charm, its pretty fast for its price (dont get the 21x 31x or 41x series though)

I don't own a tablet, i used to have iPad 1st gen, a present from my dad.

But i didn't use it even once, so i had to sold it to someone over eBay.

I don't see i would need it in near future either.

I am already feels satisfied with my netbook for me to use

when i am far from home (travelling, etc.)

It's kinda funny though to see this hipster yuppies filled

the Starbucks or any other cafe with wi-fi for showing off their tablets.

I feel like in a electronic show or something,... with an extra Venti sized Caramel Macchiato! LOL

I bought my parents a Kindle Fire and they love it. For awhile I had a rooted Nook Touch with Android OS installed on it but sold it to someone that really wanted a tablet.

I have no use for one, if I wanted to surf the Internet while pooping I can either just do that with my phone or on one of my laptops.

I have a laptop and a Wacom Intuos3 tablet. So I can make my computer... into a pen operated tablet when I connect it. Ahaha.

HA! That will be me when I get one. :D

I bought my parents a Kindle Fire and they love it. For awhile I had a rooted Nook Touch with Android OS installed on it but sold it to someone that really wanted a tablet.

I have no use for one, if I wanted to surf the Internet while pooping I can either just do that with my phone or on one of my laptops.

I was thinking about getting a Kindle Fire, but then I rad about that Asus tablet for $250. 4.0>2.3

If I had a phone then I would not even think about buying a tablet, but I don't. Full price phones are twice what I would pay for that tablet anyway and contracts are evil.

^ Well my college professor said that all Asus products were utter shit, and he's a freaking genius. I don't know how much that influences his taste and skill with tablets and computers. Former judge or not, most teachers still can't work with computers. In college it's less worse than in high school, but still...

I really have no need for a tablet other than it might provide me a developing job in the future. It's cool to play Words With Friends while at a family party with everyone, but I really don't feel the need to use it for more than an hour. I also dislike reading, so there's no point in me having a "digital reader." I'm probably the only person not really buying into this "need to be entertained constantly" fad that everyone else has in the past 3 years.

^ Well my college professor said that all Asus products were utter shit, and he's a freaking genius. I don't know how much that influences his taste and skill with tablets and computers. Former judge or not, most teachers still can't work with computers. In college it's less worse than in high school, but still...

Here is a review of one of Asus' recent tablets: http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/asus ... me-review/

BOTTOMLINE

The Transformer Prime is the best Android tablet of the moment, hands down.

And i think the one from my first link is the same, but no gps, no front camera, and smaller.

I really have no need for a tablet other than it might provide me a developing job in the future. It's cool to play Words With Friends while at a family party with everyone, but I really don't feel the need to use it for more than an hour. I also dislike reading, so there's no point in me having a "digital reader." I'm probably the only person not really buying into this "need to be entertained constantly" fad that everyone else has in the past 3 years.

MY HEART IS BROKEN.

HA! That will be me when I get one. :D

I was thinking about getting a Kindle Fire, but then I rad about that Asus tablet for $250. 4.0>2.3

If I had a phone then I would not even think about buying a tablet, but I don't. Full price phones are twice what I would pay for that tablet anyway and contracts are evil.

My parents originally wanted to get a phone but all they wanted to do was check Facebook (spy on us kids) so I bought them a tablet because getting a phone and a contract and paying a monthly bill was just stupid. Now with the tablet they can connect to their wifi and do all their Facebook spying on a bigger screen (bad eyes) and no extra bills.

I have no idea why my Mom thought she needed a phone to do that, she already has a computer but whatever. Old people.

MY HEART IS BROKEN.

I'd read what you write me till it hurts.

MY HEART IS BROKEN.

I'd read what you write me till it hurts.

<3 <3 <3 Good. Cause I wanna be a novelist when I grow up! :'D

Well, surely for tablet, android OS is more common these days.

D.L.S, does GPS really mattered?

I guess you can install Google Earth or something like that?

Nope. :D

You would still need GPS installed for Google Maps and Earth to really work. At least I think, I could be totally wrong. I know that it can figure out your location based off your internet connection but it won't always be accurate.

If I end up getting one, it will probably be a kindle fire. Honestly, I hardly use my laptop as it is, so it really would just be something for surfing the net while I am not at my computer, so I am not looking to spend a ton of money on one. And honestly, I can never see them becoming an actual laptop replacement.

I use to think that tablets where going to be nothing more than oversized tech toys for old people to play Angry Birds and technophiles and fanboys to circle jerk over but apparently I have read that tablets are actually making a break out in hospitals with many places running pilot programs in which staff use iPads to keep track of patient data. Cool stuff.

If I end up getting one, it will probably be a kindle fire. Honestly, I hardly use my laptop as it is, so it really would just be something for surfing the net while I am not at my computer, so I am not looking to spend a ton of money on one. And honestly, I can never see them becoming an actual laptop replacement.

I feel the same way. :P

I use a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I'm kinda lusting over the new Windows 8 tablet though. I mostly use mine for schoolwork, and Android can really suck sometimes for that.

Sign in to follow this