Sign in to follow this  
soradubboi

Best Drummer in your opinion

So after seeing the greatest drummers in the last 25 years list I was shocked to see not one asian drummer

not just from japan, but from the entire continent of asia

so tainted world members, who do you think is the best? this can be any drummer, asian or not

please write down the drummers name and band, or specify if other

As for me, I have to put it down to Fact's Eiji or Jimmy Chamberlin from The Smashing Pumpkins

sorry to sound rude, could you put the band too?

should've specified that in the first post...

edited my previous post sorrry for not putting the bands name

pls.continue...

DEATHGAZE's Naoki is my favorite. But I don't think he's the best ever or anything like that.

I also think that Tsukasa (D'espairsRay), Yuki (Versailles), and Sujk (DELUHI) are really good.

Outside J-Rock, I think that Joey Jordison (Slipknot) is one of the best.

Guest o hai itz will

Deciding who's the best is tough, but I would have to go with either:

Buddy Rich (jazz drummer, not part of a band)

or John Bonham of Led Zeppelin

Yoshiki (I know lots of people will disagree, but i just love his style of drumming)

Tsukasa (D'espairsRay; not the best drummer out there, but he gets alot of groove into the songs)

Outside of Japan:

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

The guy of Tool, don't remember his name.

These are the only ones which come to my mind now, there are a lot more drummers i like, but i'm kind of tired right now :D

eiji (FACT)

sujk (DELUHI)

tsukasa (despairs ray)

drummer from (Alice nine)

drummer from (born)

drummer from (Siam Shade)

I can't remember more than these >__>

Guest o hai itz will

@kaleidoscope: I definitely agree that Yoshiki is an amazing drummer. Even with that god damn neck brace he can bust out some dirty beats.

drummer from (Alice nine)

drummer from (born)

drummer from (Siam Shade)

I can't remember more than these >__>

Nao (???) Dr. Alice Nine

TOMO born (resource their myspace)

Junji Sakuma (Jun-ji) Siam Shade - Drums

Akira Jimbo

plus I'm seconding

Ahito Inazawa from Number Girl

NAO from Alice Nine

Shinya from Dir en grey

Outside of Nippon

Thomas Pridgeon (The Mars Volta)

and seconding:

Neil Pert (Rush)

Buddy Rich

@Kaleidoscope Totally agree about Yoshiki as well.. He still pretty damn amazing for needing to play with a neck brace and having all that wrist pain..

Others I'd add to the list are Sujk (DELUHI), though I see he's already been mentioned a couple times.

Kawauchi Tooru (12012) is another pretty good one and he's improving with every release.

Nero (Merry) is also a favorite.

And one of my top ones is Kenzo (soon to be ex. ayabie). I find his drumming to be pretty f---ing amazing. Always the highlight for me when I listen to ayabie songs, though with their latest few releases, not as much. He's also got an amazing set up for his drums.

From Japanese drummers I think some of the most skilled ones are Yuki (Versailles), Shinya (Diru), Eiji (FACT), Junichi (Galneryus and SPINALCORD), Hiroki (D) and Sujk (DELUHI).

Outside of Japan for example the Meshuggah dude (don't remember his name, lol), Horgh from (Immortal, Hypocrisy) and Mario Duplantier (Gojira).

And one of my top ones is Kenzo (soon to be ex. ayabie). I find his drumming to be pretty f---ing amazing. Always the highlight for me when I listen to ayabie songs, though with their latest few releases, not as much. He's also got an amazing set up for his drums.

aiya! i forgot about Kenzo, yes, seconding him, definitely. his drumming is what made me like Ayabie in the first place, lol.

quite like that drummer guy from mouse on the keys, although he isn't any prodigy or anything

Nero from Merry is probably the best japanese drummer I've heard.

Joe (it's Joe right?) from hide's solo works has some pretty sweet drumlines too.

I almost forgot but I also think Hasegawa Masanori from Avengers in sci-fi is pretty friggin' sick on those things. I'd put him on the list fo sho'.

Sign in to follow this