Sign in to follow this  
sai

Sujk - ARKHELISM

I must honestly say that this album blows. And not in the good way. After a listen or two I still can't distinguish the songs from eachother, it all sounds the same and the vocals on nearly all the tracks are absolutely awful (except for the tracks Juri does, that are done kinda nice, but seriously, who did he hire to sing this shit?!) and most of the screamo is hurting my ears. I just can't find myself to enjoy this, the only songs that I liked were One's weakness, Paradoxx and Twisted Dimension (of which two are instrumentals). Nothing stands out, and I am severly disappointed. Now I know why LEDA never let anyone else compose. 4/10

Didn't really expect much but had a listen anyway.

I liked "Ones Weakness", the rest were just bland, boring and sounded all too similar.

I would do a track by track review but each description would just say "meh".

2/10

http://shanethvarosa.livejournal.com/290692.html

There's my track-by-track, however... I have some questions about this album... I just don't understand what's going on here.

There's only specific credits on some of the songs... Like Leda, Aggy, and Juri are all credited on songs, but then who's doing the bass and guitar on other songs? Is that Sujk's voice on tracks 3,6, 8, and 10? He's really got some potential to have a great solo project here, but this release is just not that great. Highlight for me is One's Weakness (after a minute into it) and Trying Too Hard is actually not that bad. The instrumental tracks are absolutely fucking awful though.

I'm surprised that no one likes Doll.. :o

And, I thought all the songs sounded the same at first, too. Then I listened to it more. lol. The songs are all very different.

8/10. I think it's a great album.

Also, I think that Sujk sings on all songs unless otherwise credited.

So I tried this out with not having too big expectations - I never have with solo projects ...still I've got disappointed. The only highlight for me was doll - the other songs were just generic or just plain awful. I kind of like the clean vocals in some of the songs though. The "shouts" on the other hand...are really old school-ish but in a bad way .. at first I wanted to do a track by track review but I decided not to do that because it would become too negative.

4.5/10 though for the few creative tries on some songs. But in the end... he tried too hard...

This album is pretty mediocre, I agree, but the good songs are enjoyable. For me, Doll (nice english), and the two with Juri (Try too Hard and One's Weakness) were nice. The rest are really weird. 6/10

Actually for me this album turns out better than the shitty previews, but it's still not enough to impress me.

Doll and One's Weakness are the best tracks here.

I was expecting more epic bass line of "One's Weakness" (since the bassist is Yo) actually, but it turns out to be just a plain bass line.

Overall 6/10

ARKHELISM Complete Track List

01. The Arkhelist

Music, drums, and programming: Sujk

02. One`s Weakness

Music and lyrics: Sujk

Vocals: Juri

Guitars: Tatsuaki Sakai ( MI-RO-KU )

Bass: Yo ( Matenrou Opera )

Drums: Sujk

03. Arrival Point

Music and lyrics: Tatsuaki Sakai

Vocals: Masao Yajima ( MI-RO-KU )

Guitars: Tatsuaki Sakai

Bass: Yushi Tsuchiya ( Twilight NEO )

04. Twisted Dimension

05. The Left Hook of Waccha

06. Till the End

Music and lyrics: Sujk

Vocals: #14 ( DEFINE STRICT )

Bass: Aggy

07. Doll

Music: Leda, Lyrics: Kihiro ( All the World is Waiting for the Sun )

Vocals: Kihiro

Guitars and Bass: Leda

08. Believer

Music and lyrics: Tatsuaki Sakai

Vocals: Masao Yajima

Bass: Yushi Tsuchiya

09. Paradoxxx

Music, lyrics, and programming: Sujk

10. Try Too Hard