Sign in to follow this  
Maiku

THE KIDDIE (キディ)

I agree with Maiku but I must say they really exceeded my expections with Utsukishiki Redrum, I don't know what that was supposed to mean but it was fucking awesome.

Ahahaha. I think it means that they are gonna keep making pretty-awesome pop rock. 8D The only releases by them I was actually disappointed by were Nutty Nasty and Smile. But I like the b-sides on those singles. So... Like. I dunno. I think maybe they are just being funny with songs like that. Like parodying what people expect of them. Bahaha. I dunno. Their music always comes off genuinely dahaha. I JUST WANT THEM TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING NEW. EITHER A SINGLE OR ALBUM. ;O; Brave New World was AWESOME. I wants a new album to get obsessed with. Bahaha.

I have never listened to this band properly, but their Mary Poppins cover was so amazing I'm gonna give them a chance with the new album when it's released :)

Yay~! :'D I hope you like them. :'D You could check out their earlier releases in the mean time! Then you could get to know the band while waiting for the new album to come out. I'm pretty excited. This is their second album and I have really high hopes for it. :'D Their first one was really cute pop rock. They are my favorite. ^_^

Fun and crazy is what they do! You can check out the pvs I posted if you want a little taste. xD Check out Smile, Sun'z Up, Nutty Nasty, Black Side for the fun and crazy ones. LOL.

I'm also really excited. The releases of 2011 (Nutty Nasty, the Mary Poppins cover and Utsukushiki REDRUM) were all amazing, so I can't wait!

I gotta say, their name kinda me put me off from giving them a listen, but I checked out RedRum and it was pretty decent. Also surprised they have so much material out. Are all those singles? Or does there happen to be an album among them?

Most of them are singles. They released a singles collection that had completely re-recorded new versions of the earlier singles and two new songs. Then there was their first full length album Brave New World. MA★PIECE will be their second album and I'm very excited to see what they do. I was very happy with Brave New World. :'D They are a really good pop rock band. I think the name turns other people away as well. I feel like they are an overlooked treasure. But I love them so much. :'D <3

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info. I'm going to give their album a listen. And I try not to judge a band on irrelevant stuff like their looks or name without giving their actual music a chance.

Maiku, you're a big fan of them so I'd like to hear your opinion on this:

What did you think of the re-recordings on their singles collection? Was it just me, or was Yusa affecting his voice in a weird (not good weird) way? I remember in particular, the new version of 青 was definitely ruined by his voice, imo.

Also, I've really neglected them since Brave New World. I didn't dislike the album; I think I just forgot about them afterwards, haha. I'm gonna try to catch up on all this new shiz.

I feel like he was trying to sing the singles on the collection in a new fresh way so they wouldn't sound stale or exactly like the old ones. His singing voice is also stronger and I feel like the style of the singing fit more with the kind of vocalist he was turning into. It's almost like he was adding the sweetness and cuteness to his voice in a stronger way. Personally I feel like The Single Collection, when compared to the earlier versions of the songs, is proof of their growth as a cute Japanese pop rock band. :'D

Brave New World was a really fun album. Nutty Nasty turned me off for a while but then the song grew on me ahahha. I'm very excited to hear the new album. I'm probably gonna cry tears of joy the first time I listen to it. xD

@Panda: Great! :'D Let me know what you think of them. ^_^ They are a really nice band and a lot of their songs are great to listen to if you need some cheering up. :'D

Okay, I finally gave their album a listen and it's great. It definitely turned me into a fan. They're a bit more poppish than I was anticipating, but it's not overwhelming. My favorite track off the album has to be STEADY. Love the feel of that song.

I gotta say, their name kinda me put me off from giving them a listen, but I checked out RedRum and it was pretty decent. Also surprised they have so much material out. Are all those singles? Or does there happen to be an album among them?

I never gave them much of a chance when they first started but when i did i pretty

much loved all their indie stuff. Then they went major and i kinda went off them but

i gave the new album a try and it had alot of tracks i liked, so i loved them again lol.

Then came Nutty Nasty, which i hated so much but i forgot all about that song when

i heard Utsukushiki REDRUM which i love, i'm really looking forward to the new album.

Okay, I finally gave their album a listen and it's great. It definitely turned me into a fan. They're a bit more poppish than I was anticipating, but it's not overwhelming. My favorite track off the album has to be STEADY. Love the feel of that song.

YES! :'D I'm so excited you enjoyed the album. xD The album was definitely a lot more poppy than a lot of their other stuff but it's a great album non non. :'D STEADY is a great song. If you want to be even more amazed check out a bunch of their other works. :'D I love how they pull off their cute pop rock with out seeming like they are trying too hard. Yusa's lyrics are some of the best I feel like. I COULD GO ON ALL DAY ABOUT THIS BAND. Haha. xD I'm so glad you like them. :'D

@Masa: LOL. xD Nutty Nasty did that to me but the more I listened to it the more I felt like it was almost being a parody of what is expected from pop rock groups. It's funny and great to dance to as well~. xD Utsukushiki Redrum is DEF my favorite song by them since Brave New World though. <3

I'm gonna pre-order the new album next week, have just enough points on cdjapan to get it for free. :)

Maiku, did you like their last band "Kazoku"?

_zAx4ISAaU4

Yay~! :'D <3 <3 <3 I can't wait to have a job so I can buy all their cds. AND THEIR DVD. OMG. ;O;

Kazoku was my fav band everrr when I was younger. xD It was a secret though. o__o I hid it behind my obsession with Diru and other super dark scary vk bands. LOLOL. Kazoku was actually the precursor to my current musical taste. More into pop and stuff than metal these days. xD Sadly I've listened to their songs so many times over the years I don't even need to listen to them. ;__; And that almost happens with The Kiddie but they always release something new. :'D <3 <3

Sign in to follow this