Sign in to follow this  
Kaito-sama

A (Anonymous Confederate Ensemble) - White Album

a.jpg

Technically this was released along with their "Black Album" but that's just a re-release, and imo, not nearly as interesting. If you havent heard of these guys, its worth a listen..they have a very unique sound that separates them from other VK bands.

Grafton Calling - Very strong violins in the intro, this is a lot more upbeat then some of their earlier work. No matter how many times I listen to this, it always puts me in a good mood. 8/10

Masquerade - Starts off sounding like a ballad, which left me completely unprepared for the rest of the song. It picks up shortly after, and starts to add sort of a foreign feel too it (cant think of where it reminds me of). Nevertheless, a strong song that kept me till the end. 7/10

Sakura - Reminds me too much of Black Album, which didn't leave much of an impression on me. Nothing special here. 4/10

Goddess - About as close to a ballad as you'll get from these guys, not bad, but not amazing either. 6/10

Viva La Casta! - Its a song like this that reminds me why these guys are good. Nice build up in the intro, then quickly gets carried away into an upbeat, energetic song with nothing really bad to say about it. 10/10

Overtura - Good overall, loving the violin. Its relaxing, yet not boring. The vocals are clear and flowing, which is a new thing for this band which was done fairly well. 7/10

What did you guys think?

I was totally blown away by this CD. I loved black album, but this is really awesome and a quite solid candidate for best VK EP this year IMO. Every song is charming and feel different from each other despite all sharing an overall sense of exoticness. My favorite track is Masquerade, wich I see as a really complete work, with softer acoustic parts and harder riffs. Greatly arranged and emotionally intense, racionates with me as a spanish person as I feel this song blends well the image my coutry has tradiotionally exposed to the other countries mixed with rock+violin. Viva laCasta! was also really interesting upbeat jazzy song.

The rest of the songs are also great, being Sakura the only one that I liked less. I would not give this nothing lower than 9/10.

found it extremely boring, tbh. couldn't get past the halfway mark of any song. the ~world music~ concept was interesting at first, until i realized that there are actual bands from those parts of the world that do it better lol

Just perfect! they are very unique band indeed, the idea of mixing several musical culture from other countries are just mindfuck! Take as example "Grafton Calling" which has celtic feels, "Maasquarade" with its Mexican feels, "Goddess" is pretty much arabic type song, and "Sakura" which for me is pretty much sounded like chinese song.

Overall : 9/10

Sign in to follow this