Sign in to follow this  
Rize

Bought transcoded itunes tracks?

Okay.

I really don't know what to do now. XD

I downloaded yesterday DIAURA's mini album DICTATOR,

and it seems that when I re-encode them to MP3 they're all 16.2 kHz's :( , which means transcode. xD (normally when I re-encode them, they shows me 20.0 kHz+)

Even on the original m4a files the sound is so off. -.-' :?

So my question is: does this happen often & how does it sounds on the original CD? xD

'cause I think it also could be a recording problem.. but don't know..

^This could indeed be a recording problem. iTunes is a rather trustworthy shopping service, so if there would be something wrong with this they should know. Report to Apple if necessary, maybe they'll check it out for you. For now however, it could just be a recording problem. I have Kra's Dennou Imagination single in 320 kbps and it's NO transcode and the quality still sounds like crap.

Yeah.. I though so too about a recording problem...

anyways, I've made a report this morning, getting a message back within 24-hours...

it's sad that it sounds so off while this mini-album is pretty great. :)

That is really interesting.. why would a band like DIAURA and even more so Kra have horrible recording quality? :/

I downloaded yesterday DIAURA's mini album DICTATOR,

and it seems that when I re-encode them to MP3 they're all 16.2 kHz's :( , which means transcode. xD (normally when I re-encode them, they shows me 20.0 kHz+)

Even on the original m4a files the sound is so off. -.-' :?

So my question is: does this happen often & how does it sounds on the original CD? xD

'cause I think it also could be a recording problem.. but don't know..

You are still transcoding, even if it is from one file format to another while still keeping the same bitrate. While that could be it, I'm not too sure. Based off of the other information you gave it's probably not something you're doing. iTunes sometimes has bad rips. I don't know what the hell they do to it to get it to be that bad but sometimes it's just horrible. I bought a horrible pre-production mix of D'espairsRay's BRILLIANT that was almost inaudible from them. I also bought 9GOAT's Tanatos from them and the quality was fucking terrible but the upload here was fantastic (and at a lower bitrate haha). It's most likely a problem with them, not you. While on that note, if the original file is indeed faulty then it can explain why your resultant file is even worse. Is the M4A file at 16.2khz as well?

/\

Yeah, all tracks are 16.2 kHz, it totally sucks.

But I got mail back from itunes that they couldn't find my order number so need to wait an another day for response.. (they're so slow with updating purchases...)

I actually hope to get my money back or a free re-download of this album. :wat:

I tried looking for something online that could maybe help you or at the very least feel better. Most of what I found was from a few years back and referred to low quality as the 128 DRM'd AAC files that they were selling years ago. It really doesn't apply much to this situation. I can tell you though that you're not going nuts and that those files are indeed faulty. They're usually good about replacing them once they find them, so hopefully they'll refund you appropriately.

My dream is that one day either we'll be able to either increase our download speeds or increase our storage to the point where buying lossless becomes practical so we don't have this problem anymore.

They're going to investigate...

I'm getting the money back from the mini-album Dictator + a small extra amount of my other purchase which the sound is still good (nice service xD)

Hope they actually solve this soon.

/\

that's possible, since all the files are if I remembered correctly ripped into 256kbps m4a files.

But mine is really weird, cause the sound was way too off.. but they're going to look into it and they've send me my money back so I'm happy now hehe.

Sign in to follow this