Sign in to follow this  
ginHigure

Parents!

Ok, so today my parents decided to go out and i did not want to go with them because i was not in a mood.

My dad gets irritated and forces me to go. I ask him why, he says because he does not trust me due to the fact

I recently came out to parents for being bisexual. He thinks i am so kind of slut and having affair with every guy i

see. He forgets the part that i also like girls. He said its all my fault everything bad has happened and that i lost all my rights as a human in my home. In the end we did not go anywhere and when my mom got home from work he told her everything. She said it was my fault amd my brother is also involved. Wtf, seriously! Is it my fault they are closed minded and that my dad is a dictator at home and his opinions and words only count?

My dad threaten to take away my life for beong bi. My mom, aunt and bro are always scared and cannot sleep at night die to him. Yet momstill sides with him and blames me for everything. She does want to see how my dad really is and tells me i scarred them for life. When my brother and i were young they have told us that they can take away our lives because we are their children and that must make them look good in dromt of society. We were the ones who got scarred, how superficial of them telling us they love yet it is a conditional love. What kind of sense is that in them being right. They might as well never brought us to life if things are that way. Still they refuse to be wrong and make soo many excuses to us. Now i know they need psychological help. Even my dad admitted that his ideal and way of thinking are first before the people he loves.

What you guys think?

Reason why i left mh for a while!

first of all, the parents' ideals shouldn't be forced onto the children if they're old enough to form their own thoughts and if they know what's good and what not.

In your situation, however, it seems as though your parents are either more thinking about the "society" and how people will look at them if they know "what you are" instead of your wellbeing. I'd force them to talk it over and come to a solution. Though I know that doesn't always work, and can even be impossible in certain situations, I don't think there's much else to do :s

If you can't take it anymore, last resort is just to move out, no?

That said, take care! No one wants problems like that :(

If I went into my problems I would not be able to stop writing... BTW You should talk to Erin, I think he is in a similar situation (coming out).

Reason why i left mh for a while!

Does this mean you are back?? cyber.gif

First of all, your parents, especially your dad, are being completely unfair to you. I can sort of identify myself with the dad situation; however, I have yet to find a better solution other than ignore him completely and only talk to him when it's absolutely necessary. I think being in this position without any viable resources to change their mind mostly requires you to do anything to keep your mind off a really bad zone as much as possible, and avoiding problems with them would help with this. Just try to be by your own for most of the time.

Second, obviously you can't just stop being bisexual. I'm probably not one to give advice on post-coming out troubles with parents and other relatives as I have yet to come out as gay to anyone from my family, but I think there are only two possible scenarios within this: they eventually accept you for who you are and stop psychologically harassing you or, as Kaye said, you move out and live your life the way you want. Now, I think it's also important that you try to seek help from other sources, especially LGBT-themed websites or any institution or people that work by helping the community. And just in case your father tries to threaten your life once again, please don't keep out from calling the police.

Yeah, we tried before and it did not work. We even tried to go for family therapy, but no compromised was found. We just tried talking about it and they only see us as rebellious little kids who do not need to do anything about it. On top of that, we spposely lost them now for real and do not want to work things out anymore.

@DLS : as in a mini-comeback. Once in a while.

@saishuu: yes, i am on my own and talk to him only when necessary, but he just looks for me and always with an excuse. Also when possible accompanied by insults and talking trash. I have thought about moving out, but i do not want to leave my bro and my aunt behind, they do not deserve to be with such tyrant. My now sided with dad and said she is done helping.

UGGH my mom is terrible!

In west Philadelphia, born and raised

on the playground is where I spend most of my days

chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool and all

shootin' some b-ball outside of the school

when a couple of guys who were up to no good started makin' trouble in my neighborhood

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air"

I whisteled for a cab and when it came near

the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror

if anything I could say that this cab was rare

but I thought, "NAW FORGET IT YO HOME TO BEL AIR!"

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8

and I yelled to the cab, "YO HOME SMELL YA LATA!"

I looked at my kingdom I was finally there

to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel Air.

Parents. I can't believe them sometimes.

I feel heartbroken to hear your story, gin

That your Dad had to shove all the B.S to you

and wishing that your mother could have a little more courage to stand on her own.

I am sure she may have a little more sympathy to you than him.

She just cannot show it for some reasons.

But when i read he threatened you that he will kill you,

man, that is already too much!

You can always report him for domestic violence or anything for that!

This trauma can go on forever if you keep it going and torture you every time you're at home.

Try to consider this if he kept threatened about your life safety in the future.

That is not how a parent should nurturing and teach their kids!

Well, this is the down side to live with parents, even though they were unfair,

but every house have their own rules.

If you're having a little more luck, try to walk out of their life.

Seems that's the only way that comfortable for now.

Seems your Dad is a stiff personality.

So will be really tough job to do to make his heart moves or even change his mind a little.

But he could also just too taken aback, maybe he need a little more time to understand the situation.

And you may need to give him that. Let him know what's it like the house without your presence.

Maybe years after things can get better, though not always will be.

But then again, by that time, you may already enjoy your independent life.

I wish you were my sibling, then you will have a coolest dad ever. :)

Move the fuck out.

QFT

Your situation truly sucks, but if you Dad is gunna be a constant asshat and make your life miserable, get the fuck out of there. You make your own future, and it might mean your life will be fucking hard for a while, but you will be better off for it eventually.

^ ito said it clearly about tough at first but will eventually gets better, it always be!

OOT:

I wish you were my sibling, then you will have a coolest dad ever. :)

Me too. We can all be brothers! :staru:

yes! <3

@ rarez train: LOL, that made my day!

@ito and arith: yes i do, but i do not want to leave my bro and aunt behind.

@chianti: yup, i wish too. And they sure do need a lot of time to think about the things they are doing. It is a plus that mostly they need to loose their son in order to realize that the actually want to be with him. That will not happen, my dad told mom last night he will be leaving soon with her.

@DLS: yes, that would be great.

@ EVERYONE: Thanks everyone and giving me feedback on this situation. Hopefully things will clear. Makes me love MH even more!

i think you should kidnap your bro and aunt and hypnotize your parents with a magic wand :twisted::twisted: or tame your dad with a psychologist secretly then call 911 :oshi: like saishuu said

Sign in to follow this