Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

黒夢 - Heavenly

I hope someone really bothers to download that single

Opinions?

My overall reaction:

It's kinda nice to see Kuroyume come back but it would be sometimes nice if Kiyoharu would stop fussing with formulaistic teeny-weeny-rock songs for awhile - the title song is kinda okay but seriously - those singles resemble each other way alot :(

But I kinda digged the cover of BORN TO BE WILD

I shall review this in details after getting the other type with Hitoki's song :dansu:

For now: 8/10

it sounds exactly like kiyoharu's solo stuff, this is actually the first kuroyume comeback single I think I've heard. the cover is pretty much garbage/generic though.

it sounds exactly like kiyoharu's solo stuff.

Yeah, this. Only more distortion, etc.

Nothing wrong with his solo stuff at all, but just slightly annoying that's as good as it can get . . . all the singles so far have been decent, catchy yet generic songs. This one is no exception.

The cover is alright, I pretty much imagined him doing a song like that.

Uhh . . . 5/10

The title track is okay. Like Herpes and Number Girl said above, it sounds exactly like Kiyoharu's solo stuff. I felt it was too short and forgettable really. The cover is bland. There isn't really anything much I like about it. To me this is probably the weakest single so far.

Another generic single from Kuroyume.

4/10

I'll add in the remix and the other song's reviews once they become available.

I dont think the title track resemblems Misery and Aron...those 2 do sound alike though.

This is my favorite a-side from Kuroyume's comeback.

I'll wait for the rest to do a full review though.

Full review

1) Heavenly

Quite formulaistic approach from Kuroyume...again - but somehow, fake star-ness of this song (note: synth and synth-ey guitars in some parts) catches me along all the way. I suppose their new album is going to have that teeny-weeny-punk thing going on? :lol: oldies playing youngster music

People said that this sounds alot like Kiyoharu's solo - well I partly disagree with claims like that

It's still Kuroyume-ish (just go and listen to Fake Star -album and b-sides).

Overall: much better than Misery...and Alone 9/10

2) Born to be Wild

Kiyoharu...your engrish...uuuuuuhhhh.

Anyways, this is quite okay for Kiyoharu's solo, except that I kinda missed the background echos/chants of the chorus

Overall: decent. 7/10

Wut, Hitoki's the composer? :oshi:

The title's quite distracting :lol:

As usual with Hitoki's tracks, strong bass opens this *experimental* song...Imagine if Kaitou Jikken and Gossip had a cyber-junkie child that listens only to 2010-era SADS

(my descriptions suck yeah, get over it...)

But this amazed me (this comes from a guy that ACTUALLY likes Kaitou Jikken and other noisy-cling-clang songs), alot.

Overall: weird but awesome track 10/10

I won't review the remix.

Conclusion

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Accept the fact - there won't be another FOR DEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRR nor another OOOOOOOH MISS MOOOOOONLIGHT

I hope your bodies are ready for sum teeny-weeny-hipsterio-synth-punk-pop-rock

Overall rating: ~9/10

(Thank you, Hitoki)

listened 3 times or so, don't bother with it again.

weird cos i usually enjoy kuroyume.

but this is just like fast food, too generic, not healthy and tastes bland.

so yeah, just too bad.

B side was bad, and born to be wild is cheesy in a bad way.

makes me take kuroyume like a more bad version of some other

guilty pleasure glam rock bands and music from the 80s-early 90s

say The Final Countdown, or any songs from Mr.Big, Extreme, Firehouse and White Lion lololo

Well, still have respect for Kiyoharu though,

hope if this band make an album,

it will be well composed and much better than this.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Accept the fact - there won't be another FOR DEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRR nor another OOOOOOOH MISS MOOOOOONLIGHT

Mkay.

in English:

They are going to experience a big change in their style...maybe something in the vein of Fake Star/Drug Treatment -era

Off-topic: no matter how many *bland* new singles does this band make (read above: I like this single - generic or not) - they are still

changing

But questions about good/bad change shouldn't be taken into account in this context (just to avoid massive shitstorms) - would you like to see them play carbon copies of their old school songs instead? :lol: (check: Luna Sea and X Japan)

(also: check the second b-side (link in my review) - i am not trying to affect your opinions, just giving a note since most of you seem to ignore it.)

Anyways, I've had my say. :3

mkay . . .

No really, I get your point. I don't care if a band changes, but I don't see the point of changing if it brings only 50% of the satisfaction. Actually, it is hard to really call this "change" considering most of it sounds vaguely similar to Kiyoharu solo material. I agree they have potential to develop and yes, "generic" doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable. ~Change~ isn't the problem, its the effort put into it. Of course, that's me I can't speak for everyone else who has disliked the single.

Sign in to follow this