Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

South California as A State?

The 51st state should be named South California, says Jeff Stone, a Republican on the the Riverside County Board of Supervisors. But the proposed 13 southern California counties that would split off from the Golden State would not include Los Angeles.

Stone told the Times' Phil Willon that the ommission is intentional and is part of a plan that would make for a new conservative Californian state.

"Los Angeles is purposely excluded because they have the same liberal policies that Sacramento does. The last thing I want to do is create a state that's a carbon copy of what we have now,'' Stone said.

"Los Angeles just enacted a ban on plastic grocery bags. That put three or four manufacturers out of business,'' Stone, a pharmacist from Temecula, said.

Stone plans on formally proposing secession Tuesday during a meeting of the Board of Supervisors.

South California would encompass Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Tulare counties, totaling approximately 13 million people.

The proposed 51st state would be the fifth largest by population, more populous than Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania. South California would take nearly a third of the population away from California, making the Golden State the second-largest state after Texas.

Eleven of the 13 proposed counties in South California traditionally vote Republican, a fact noticed by California Gov. Jerry Brown's office.

"If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there's a place called Arizona," Brown spokesman Gil Duran said.

ALSO:

In 2009 Gov. Rick Perry said Texas may secede from union over Obama spending

Tennessee gubernatorial candidate floats secession; rival calls him crazy

-- Tony Pierce

SOURCE

Meanwhile we have Noth and South Carolina.

And Virginia and West Virginia.

I seriously think this idea is so dumb.

And think it won't pull through. Well i DO hope so!

Or if it is happening. We should ax Texas and give it back to Mexico!

These politicians need to do better work seriously.

And as a Cali citizen, i do not want it.

The state of California starts down south and extends to the north.

One state, no line.

It would be so overwhemingly stupid

and please, let SoCal be only name not a state!

It will also FCUK up the flag, i mean 51 stars? LOL no thanks!

It is so..., uneven D;

And may cause/trigger some rivalry too. I am afraid!

Also, they do not want to include L.A,

but counted in Bakersfield tsk tsk tsk.

Republicans getting weird.

comments?

I don't care about silly water or gerrymandering... I just need to still be living in California, not east/west/north/south California. :evil:

they could stay in Arizona though,

if they want to live in Olde America with it's classic American values :s

Nothing new here, Eastern Washington (and I believe Eastern Oregon) always bitch about wanting to be their own state because the western side of the state is pretty liberal while that side of the state has always been more conservative/Republican voting. Pretty much Seattle and the greater metropolitan area outvotes anything and everyone and so Eastern Washington is just butthurt.

Note: not taking sides on this issue but...

Why does it seem like Republicans always want a split of the state to get away from the Democrats? I've never seen a Democrat majority pine for a state of their own to separate themselves from the Republicans. It always seems like the splits are done for plenty of different reasons, some of which are viable, but politically it always gives the Republicans a shot at having more seats in the House.

If we start doing this then we might as well start doubling the amount of states we have now since every state is going to want to split between Democrat State and Republican state. I don't get the point of this. We're supposed to be a country built upon mutual acceptance regardless of difference yet we just keep trying to separate ourselves more and more.

ikr, that's the problem.

Looks like they sees Dems as somewhat filthy or something.

Splitting cities into states although not a rocket science, but also not that simple either.

Even if this happened, it wouldn't solve a problem, but to add some more.

Sometimes some of these Reps really need some kicking in the ass so they can work the brain properly. :urg:

Sign in to follow this