Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

cali≠gari new activies and website

There seems to be some sort of funny looking news (?) on their OHP after today's concert.

http://missitsu.com/

...can someone please translate? ^^

this is kinda funny...but they really seem to be fooling around with the fans@_@ there have been a lot of "rumors" going around (=fans speculating what the heck cali gari are doing), so they made up this mock tabloid/news article to make everyone go crazy. it's weird...they mention mind control, aliens, lovers from taiwan, urban myths...

i'm new to cali, so i'm not sure about all of the background infor but:

① the album 「11」 was apparently not the number "11", but it meant 一時停止→pause...so it meant "activity pause"

②on the 4th of April, they will reveal more about what all this means

hope that helps out some(o^-')b

FUCK YEAH ACTIVITY PAUSE! (do they mean that or they are just joking/trolling?)

Now get Cuckoo and XA-VAT back on track!

The band's official announcement:

2012年4月4日、カリ≠ガリはメジャーデビューして満10年を迎えることとなりました。

しかし、そのメジャーデビュー10周年の日にこのような発表をすることをお許し下さい。

カリ≠ガリは、2003年6月22日の日比谷野外大音楽堂公演を最期に活動を休止しましたが、

2009年4月からは活動休止期間中にも拘らず、消費期限付き復活と称して活動を行なってきました。

2010年には本来の姿である活動休止状態に戻るために日本武道館では「解体」公演なども開催致しました。

しかし2011年4月より再び活動休止期間中にも拘らず、騙し騙しに活動して参りました。

快く騙されて頂いた皆様、誠にありがとうございました。

更にこの度、メジャーデビューしてからの期間カリ≠ガリを影で支えてくれたメジャーレコード会社である

ビクターエンタテインメント株式会社との契約を満了し、今後は延長しないことになりました。

活動休止期間を含む10年間、本当にお世話になりました。

そして遂にこれからの活動について決断する時がきました。

カリ≠ガリは、活動休止を"休止"することを宣言します。

そして一時的に活動の場を再びインディーズへと移します。

あわせて皆様に御愛顧頂きましたオフィシャルファンクラブ「別室ノイローゼ」は、

装いも新たに客室ノイローゼとして生まれ変わることになりました。

What I could gather:

- today is their 10th major debut anniversary

- their contract with Victor Entertainment is over

- they closed the fanclub and opened a new one: http://www.kyakusitsu.com/

- they say they'll be indies-band again

- but they're pausing activities again too?

Sorry, that's the best I could come up with, using Google Translator, so don't take my word for it. :lol:

edit: also there will be a small tour titled "Tadaima, Indies? Sayonara, Victor?" (lol) at the end of August/beginning of September.

Translation from Shattered-Tranquility:

cali≠gari Announce “Hiatus” on Haitus

On the 4th of April Japan time, cali≠gari have updated their official site with an announcement titled “Important information regarding our hiatus”, almost ten years since their major debut.

cali≠gari went on indefinite hiatus in 2003, temporarily resuming activities in April 2009. After the announcement, the band played a vigourous battle of the bands tour titled “Chikashitsu” as well as Budoukan.

“In spite of our hiatus, we’ll be using every trick in the book to continue activities,” the band commented regarding their latest hiatus, which certainly is an announcement about their continuation in activities. “Thank you to everyone who was so easily fooled. We’re taking a hiatus from our hiatus.” cali≠gari were making their major debut when their contract with Victor Records ended. Since then they have announced that they have temporarily returned to being an indies band for the time being.

cali≠gari have established a new fanclub entitled “Kyakushitsu no iryouzei” and have announced a tour of Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka called “Tour 2012 “Tadaima indies? Sayonara Victor?” Tickets for the tour can be preordered though their fanclub.

Tour 2012 “Tadaima Indies? Sayonara Victor?”

2012/8/23(Wed)Tokyo Shinkiba STUDIO COAST

OPEN 18:30 / START 19:30

2012/9/13(Wed)Aichi Nagoya BOTTOM LINE

OPEN 18:30 / START 19:00

2012/9/14(Fri)Osaka Nanba Hatch

OPEN 18:00 / START 19:00

General Release Date:2012/6/9(Sat)

...so they are indeed here to stay! Awesome! :D

Just saw that, I totally forgot it was today. So they'll be back on misshitsu neurose for their indies label I guess, that's really cool ! But not really a surprise, I was sure they would use a trick like that.

New FC only DVD Box "cali gari no shigoto 2012" !

It will be sent for around the 14th, March 2013 but it is possible to preorder it from today onwards. I preordered it right away, of course, so get ready for some awesome cali gari goodness in March next year !

I'm beginning to get a bit fed up with this... their last "regular" DVD was back in 2009, and ever since all the DVDs they released were fanclub-only. This will be the 3rd batch if I count correctly. Oh well, good for the FC members I guess... *sigh*

^ fully agree. their FC members always get a sh*tload of goodies, limited dvds and cds and then you have to face the horrendous prices at auctions, which is a nice bonus income for those people i guess. well, at least they plan to sell their next single on a regular base.

Just dropping by to say that the DVD box was sent today and it was sitting on the tabletop when I got home thanks to my roommate, I'll probably try and rip it before next week.

Sign in to follow this