Sign in to follow this  
Des

Blood Stain Child - Epsilon

J-pop trance female fronted melodic death metal to dance on or to headbang to - you decide.

I can't even imagine what has be going on in the head of a "KNOW YOUR GENRES!" fellow who gets butthurt when someone gets the genre of their favorite band wrong. Would he be fapping to such a long description of this album's genre, or would their head explode because they cannot comprehend?

Anyway, the most important thing is.. THEY MAKE IT WORK.

The seemingly impossible combination of tons of musical elements are made possible. One second you'll be hearing typical female-fronted metal influences (like Nightwish for example) and the next vocal line is one a typical Japanese girl group would use to dominate the Oricon Charts with, quickly interrupted by agressive death metal screams supported by fast paced electronic music.

What the hell is this even. But I like it. You gotta give it a try.

BLOOD+STAIN+CHILD+-+epsilon.jpg

Rating: 8/10

:oshi:

I have to admit, I just found out about them since they were opening for D at A-Kon. But I'm really glad I did because it turns out Epsilon is my cup o' tea. I like how the songs are catchy and pop-ish but still have a hard rock element, and I'm in love with Sophia's vocals.

Not going to mess with ratings but overall, I really enjoy the album and I'm interested in what they'll put out in the future.

I knew they were working on a new album, but definitely didn't expect it to be out this soon. O__O

Fruity Beats (6 ?) with Sophia was beyond awful, but we'll see how this one turns out...

I knew they were working on a new album, but definitely didn't expect it to be out this soon. O__O

Fruity Beats (6 ?) with Sophia was beyond awful, but we'll see how this one turns out...

IMO I think sophia is the worst thing thats happened to the band...The first track on the album was pretty good but it kinda goes downhill from there on.

As for genre's they can roam into as many of them as they want as long as they make them work but whatever this album was it's garbage. Will come back later to fully review it though.

I couldn't disagree more with the above.

Epsilon is certainly BSC's most accessible material yet, and with Sophia's vocals taking a front stage (as opposed to say, on Mozaiq) it also allows for a broader listening base. That said, certainly they've toned down the In Flames influence a bit, but then again, the material on Mozaiq in 2007, was in tribute to In Flames of 2002-2006. The In Flames of today, sounds, and get this, a bit closer to what Epsilon sounds like. Long story shorter, BSC are still heavily influenced by In Flames (and thus the Gothenburg metal sound), so it's a bit of an obvious fit for this album.

I like it.

It's good album, but to be honest I was expecting a little bit more awesomeness.

I always liked Gothenburg Metal so naturally I like bands that are influenced or use that sound. BSC do a good job of adopting it into their own format. Sophia's vocals are very full and operatic sounding and work really well on their more electronic dance songs. Like Electricity or Dedicated To Violater. The fast guitar riffs and death growls that compliment those songs just make them more awesome. However on their heavier fast past metal songs, I feel like her vocals almost throw the songs apart. I don't feel there is a strong cohesion between her vocals and the music. I mean it's enough to get by on, but they don't bring the music full circle for me.

7.5/10

IMO I think sophia is the worst thing thats happened to the band...

I'm so glad I'M not the only one that thinks this!

Their previous works were great but ever since she's been in the band, it's been bad, bad, bad.

Their previous works were great but ever since she's been in the band, it's been bad, bad, bad.

this!!

plus she is so ugly

^

:S ugly?

The review section is for judging the music first of all.

But still, she is pretty so...anyway.

I really liked the album too

01. Sirius Ⅵ 7,5/10

02. Forever Free 8/10

03. Stargazer 9/10

04. S.O.P.H.I.A 8,5/10

05. Unlimited Alchemist 8/10

06. Electricity 6,5/10

07. Eternal 8/10

08. Moon Light Wave 9/10

09. Dedicated To Violator 6/10

10. Merry-Go-Round 8/10

11. La+ 8/10

12. Sai-Ka-No 7/10

13. VOID dmn-str-mix 8/10

O god no...I let my friends listen to the album and they yelled at me for making them listen to it. They used to like Bloodstain child before that lol.

Sophia is the best thing that happened to this band. Before Sophia they were average at most while some songs were just plain bad. Sophia turned them in the right direction IMHO.

Having heard fruity beats I was expecting the worst coming in to this album. There are some songs that down right suck (especially the new version of Void), but Sophia merges well when they work with her style, not when they try to do the same stuff that they used to but just having her on vocals. Stargazer might be the best song because they follow that formula.

That said, I still miss the old BSC, Idolator will forever be their best album.

That said, I still miss the old BSC, Idolator will forever be their best album.

^That. I don't mind that they don't sound the same as before I just really can't stand sophia's vocals. That however is my opinion. I still love the older stuff so i'll stick to that but who know e later down the line I'll find something I like new of theirs.

I stand by my most of my previous review except now I’m going to call this a great album not just good album and bump it up to a 8.5/10

I’m not sure what happened the first couple of times I listened to this album, but I was up one night at 2 am lying in bed and unable to go to sleep. So I start listening to the album on my ipod and all of sudden Sophia’s vocals fall into place. They were the one thing that were keeping me from really enjoying epsilon, but now they complete the music. I’m glad I kept listening to the album because it was grower for me and its now one my favorite releases of the year so far.

I liked New woman vocals in this album , styles changing but I still love them

9 / 10

Sign in to follow this