Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Alice Nine- BLUE FLAME review

I honestly thought this has been their best single from these last 2 years. Your thoughts? Here are mine:

BLUE FLAME- It was nice, great melody. Shou's voice sounded improved and controlled than other times and it had a great tone to it. The guitar riffs were good, drumming, and the bassline was fantastic. Especially right before the guitar solo, Saga's Bass solo was really cool. The guitar solo's sounded epic and i just wish they had a duet after Hiroto's part. 9/10

ZANKYOU Whiteout- Oh god this song was pretty great. The guitar riffs at the beginning were pretty rocking and i was actually moving to this song the whole time. Shou's voice sounded a bit silent to start but he gradually got louder and he still sounded more improved than past times. I loved the drumming, (then again i have always loved Nao's drumming, it's unique in its own way). Bassline once again was great. The guitar solos however, man that was great. Hiroto's was cool, then Tora's insane tapping was epic...and then they ended with a short duet! :D The chorus was pretty good actually. I liked it better than BLUE FLAME's 9/10

G3- Oh man, the original was great but this was just so much better. Like others have said here when i posted the news about the single, they sound a lot more mature in this song and its heavy-ish. The chorus was cool, then it transitions into that calm part, shou's voice in the background. Solo comes in really slowly then goes faster and the drumming comes in and then back into the riff, i loved that. This song was just perfect. I honestly give it a 10/10

Overall Avg. of this single. 9/10!

Blue Flame: A grower. At first I was like "Eh, this is good but they could do better." I was conflicted especially after Gemini, I wasn't sure if I wanted them to break the "single mold" and really blow me out of the water or just not fuck it up. They didn't fuck it up thankfully but it also didn't grab me. Then the more and more I listened to it (and the better quality rips we got) the more little things about it really got to my heart and overall I got to thinking it's actually a really good song. Every instrumental part has their little moment where I'm like "ah that's neat" and Shou sounds great so I'm satisfied.

Zankyou Whiteout: I love this song. When I heard the radio rip 2 days ago, I immediately went "Michael Jackson?". Somehow it amuses me that I get a "beat it" feeling in some parts. But at any rate I was immediately in love and with a proper rip it's even better. There are some parts where Shou gets drowned out a bit me thinks, probably because the music is being all kind of badass and he's pretty calm for the majority of the song, not really attacking it like he's prone to do. Not complaining though, I think it works for this song and it allows for the different parts to shine. Overall I just think it's a pretty effin' cool track and I feel like a BAMF walking around listening to it lol.

G3: First heard it = MindFuck. It's still that great. Considering their track record with re-done songs I was surprised they amped up the song instead of stripping it down but I'm glad they did because it's simply devine. Shou is just unf throughout the whole thing too. *shaking and crying*

Blue Flame: A grower. At first I was like "Eh, this is good but they could do better." I was conflicted especially after Gemini, I wasn't sure if I wanted them to break the "single mold" and really blow me out of the water or just not fuck it up. They didn't fuck it up thankfully but it also didn't grab me. Then the more and more I listened to it (and the better quality rips we got) the more little things about it really got to my heart and overall I got to thinking it's actually a really good song. Every instrumental part has their little moment where I'm like "ah that's neat" and Shou sounds great so I'm satisfied.

Zankyou Whiteout: I love this song. When I heard the radio rip 2 days ago, I immediately went "Michael Jackson?". Somehow it amuses me that I get a "beat it" feeling in some parts. But at any rate I was immediately in love and with a proper rip it's even better. There are some parts where Shou gets drowned out a bit me thinks, probably because the music is being all kind of badass and he's pretty calm for the majority of the song, not really attacking it like he's prone to do. Not complaining though, I think it works for this song and it allows for the different parts to shine. Overall I just think it's a pretty effin' cool track and I feel like a BAMF walking around listening to it lol.

G3: First heard it = MindFuck. It's still that great. Considering their track record with re-done songs I was surprised they amped up the song instead of stripping it down but I'm glad they did because it's simply devine. Shou is just unf throughout the whole thing too. *shaking and crying*

This review sums up the single greatly. <3 <3 <3

that little pre-chorus thing in BLUE FLAME sounds EXACTLY like that little pre-chorus thing in CROSS GAME. oh yeah.

I kinda think the single is pretty bad imo. I liked the first track,very enjoyable but rest of the track seems plain.

Still good but not that impressive. 6.8/10

the intro in blue flame killed it for me.

though it doesn't exactly replicate it, makes me want to scream M.

I enjoyed the second track and G3 more than blue flame.

so decent. 6-7/10. [ever since I started using myanimelist, I've been harsher in my ratings ,_,]

then again, I was never a big A9 fan.

so don't kill me, Infinity. = =

leave the bloodshed for another day.

me, kill you? Never :3btw did you ever listen to Gemini? I don't remember hearing an opinion on it D:

I suppose sacrifices don't count the same as killing...?

but I remember liking the trilogy the most then *checks player* tracks 8, 9, KING&QUEEN, and Stargazer:. it's been a while but I'll give their discography a playthrough next wek. gots lots to listen to before then <.<...

Don't care for the single itself but the NEW G3 IS SO GOOD.

Nowhere near the original but was surprising.

Blue Flame is a grower though. Even with that intro. It's catchy and fun. Keeps their weird elegant rock thing they have going on for them a float. LOL.

The Second track started off kind of weird with Shou's singing for me. It got a lot better as it went along and feels like a weird combo of new Alice Nine and old Alice Nine. @_@

G3 is amazing. Hands down shows how great they are even if it is a remake of an old song. Most bands can't pull it off just right but they totally did with G3. ;O;

Blue Flame is just plain bad. The chorus is only annoying as fuck and I don't want to hear it ever again. Only decent part is the solo, but nothing makes me wanna listen to this a second time.

Another annoying chorus in Zankyou White Out... but it's a tiny bit more listenable and the solo is actually good enough to listen to a second time around.

I can't remember what the original G3 song was like, but it probably was good because this remake is too. The chorus is not annoying like in the other two songs and there's actually something interesting going on here. The transisions between the different parts of the song make it nice, and the slower, calmer part in the middle is the icing on the cake.

They did a nice job with G3 but the other two songs are forgettable.

Awesome single :D No disappointment after GEMINI at all. 9/10

Only now getting round to listening to it, xD.

Anyway yeah, agree.

G3 may be a remake but damnit it almost brought tears to my eyes thinking of what alice nine used to be. Im so glad they did this remake I hope its a good sign of things to come. I doubt it but still i'll cherish this moment for a little while anyways. Maybe i can delete the first two songs and pretend alice nine rocks again lol.

Sign in to follow this