Sign in to follow this  
Ito

E3 2011

It starts today!

I watched Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft's press conferences today at work, the fun is just beginning :D (Sony's is on in 15 min).

Microsoft's:

Started off alright and then went down hill. It was very very Kinect-centric, which frankly, I don't give a damn about (nor do most hardcore gamers). No doubt people are jumping up and down about Halo 4 and Anniversary though. Other than that, not much to speak of. GoW but nothing new there. I would give them a ow rating this year.

EA's:

Pretty good. Battlefield 3 looks spectacular, about 100x better than Modern Warfare 3, which looks cool but is feeling very stale. Open Beta...fuck yeah. SSX was nice, but I would have really like to have seen more than just a short trailer. Also, can we be told whether there is gunna be skiing in it, I will be massively disappointed if they don't. Sorts games I don't care about so I kinda just zoned over them. I have never been a fan of bioware, but I'll be damned if the Mass Effect 3 stuff didn't make me want that game. Over all pretty good conference.

Ubisoft's:

I will get to this later, but it pretty the presentation pretty much sucked. Time for Sony's!

Kinect = meh.

I agree with BF3. I tend to stray away from FPS games especially online orientated ones but BF3 looks fucking kick ass. Tomb Raider also looks spectacular reminded me a lot of Uncharted (which is a good thing!)

One of the main highlights so far for me was the Skyrim gameplay demo which looks so awesome especially since the game looks uber detailed even in the micro detail department.

But the best part was all the ME3 information. I don't give two shits about Kinetic + voice commands in the game but the revised combat system, heafty weapon sounds, Omni-blade, stealth ability, hightened melee use and over all stupefying new engine is making me want the game even more than I already did. BioWare sure brought some eleemosynary goodies for E3 and none of it disappointed.

The whole Kinect-ridden Microsoft conference was appalling. Only Tim Schafer made it worthwhile simply just with his presence. And Sony wasn't much better with the 3D and Move wanking. Have to say though, that Playstation branded 3D TV bundle looked really nice. And the price of the Vita is brilliant compared to what was expected. I'm really excited for it.

It's all about Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed Revelations though. FUCK.

Can't wait to hear more things about Square Enix stuff. I hope for at least a new Versus teaser/trailer.

Tomb Raider was looking good. Can't wait for new Uncharted either.

Microsoft's presentation was just horrible. I missed Sonys though. But i bet it was better than Microsofts.

Nintendos was amazing. Alot of games i look forward to and Wiiu blew me away. lol.

Sonny WIN E3 this time

can't weit Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed Revelations

Sign in to follow this