Sign in to follow this  
hyuhin

Rock in Japan Fest. 2011

The Rock in Japan Festival 2011 will be held on August 5th at the Hitachi Seaside Park in Ibaraki-ken. The festival had already released the first lineup of artists that included: The 50 Kaiten, Cocco, Sakanaction, Sambo Master, capsule, kishidan, GOOD 4 NOTHING, and several others to a total of 74 artists. The lineup has now been increased to a total of 117 participating artists including newly added artists such as ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, Perfume, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, and more!

The full list of participating artists is available below!

Friday August 5 – OPEN 8:00 / START 10:30 / END 20:30

Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Asparagus, Back Drop Bomb, Base Ball Bear, The Bawdies, Bigmama, B x A x G, [Champagne], Cinema Staff, Cocco, Comeback My Daughters, Dustbox, 80kidz, Flip, Frontier Backyard, Tohru Hidaka, Hige, Gen Hoshino, Isobe Masafumi Band, The 50 Kaitenz, Locofrank, Naotaro Moriyama, Northern19, The Mirraz, Miwa, Mongol 800, Nubo, Ogre You Asshole, Perfume, Polysics, Rhymester, Sakanafiction, Sambomaster, Shinku-Horou, 10-Feet, Tsuru, Unison Square Garden, Yanokami, Yuki

Saturday August 6 – OPEN 8:00 / START 10:30 / END 20:30

Mao Abe, Androp, Another Sunnyday, The Back Horn, Capsule, Chara, Dragon Ash, Fujifabric, Glory Hill, Going Underground, Good 4 Nothing, Halcali, Kaela Kimura, Kinniku Shojo Tai, Kishidan, Low IQ 01 & Master Low, Magokoro Brothers, Aya Mizobuchi, Monobright, Mowmow Lulu Gyaban, Nihon Madonna, Nikiie, Nothing’s Carved in Stone, N’Shukugawa Boys, Okamoto’s, Orange Range, The Rice Panic, Rip Slyme, The Salovers, Soil & “Pimp?? Sessions, Special Others, Yu Takahashi, The Telephones, Aoi Teshima, Totalfat, Triceratops, Unicorn, Yui, Zazen Boys

Sunday August 7 – OPEN 8:00 / START 10:30 / END 20:30

Acidman, Art-School, Arukara, Back Number, The Band Apart, B-Dash, Black Borders, Brahman, Coldrain, Dirty Old Men, Elephant Kashimashi, Fact, Galileo Galilei, Hoff Dylan, J, Kegawa no Maries, Ryujin Kiyoshi, Knotlamp, Kreva, Kuroneko Chelsea, Miyavi, Mucc, Negoto, Nico Touches the Walls, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Okuda Tamio no Suunin Cantabile, One OK Rock, Plastic Tree, Plenty, Puffy, Scoobie Do, Sekai no Owari, Sokabe Keiichi Band, Straightener, Shikao Suga, Sukima Switch, Te’, UL, Kazuya Yoshii

source

OMG, this has to be like one of the biggest live events right??? I bolded some artists to make it easier to read :)

What sucks is I don't live in Japan... Any of you here going?

pretty sure it's the best spot for seeing some oft the more major artists…

I personally prefer RISING SUN up in the north…

Their lineup is a bit more on the indie side but nonetheless very good (you just won't see artists like Perfume there).

The 2011 is not final jet - still more to come; http://rsr.wess.co.jp/2011/en/lineup/index.html

But I've never been to Rock in Japan - the one time I wanted to it was sold out already… I've been to RISING SUN once and it was nice - but also exhausting (Festivals = long walks, not much sleep, long waiting lines for stuff… and so on). Said so I prefer the local Livehouse-scene in Tokyo… But those festivals are a good chance to see lot's of bands in a short time period… of corse you'll be able to catch only 1/3 or 1/2 of it because it happens on different stages and stuff.

Sign in to follow this