Sign in to follow this  
Maiku

The Kiddie Nutty Nasty

Nutty Nasty - First impression: Um... what?! Nutty Nasty? Gross. Second impression: ... this is kind of catchy... Third impression: NUTTY NUTTY BAYBAY. NUTTY NUTTY BAYBAY~AY. 3.5/5

Grim Cat: Energetic, fun, catchy, flows nicely and sounds sweet. 4.5/5

Brutus: 4.5/5

I used to love them awhile back but lately i started listening to them alot less.

Nutty Nasty i found utter crap, couldn't even get through the whole song.(watched the PV) 2/10

So i dont think i'll bother with the rest.

What the heck is going on with these cool dudes!!!! They used to be one of the best indie vk bands :(

Honestly, this single is the worst of them Nutty Nutty.....like a chipmunk.

1.123/10 Sorry, I miss Kazoku.

Yeah well... They went major. what do you expect? xD The earlier releases as The Kiddie were better and the earlier releases as Kazoku were better. But when they became The Kiddie they pretty much sold out. And then sold out even harder when they became major. Proof in the SMILE SMILE SMILE and NUTTY NASTY~YY. Regardless I'm still a fan and enjoy the new releases. 8D

I'm happy they haven't lost their touch! BRUTUS and グリムキャット are much better than Nutty Nasty; furthermore, I think that BRUTUS is the best song on the single, and even though the title-song (Nutty Nasty) was quite terrible, the PV was perfect. So, 8,5/10

Nutty Nasty, sadly, I only found to be average (although it is like glue after a couple of listens). グリムキャット has a very nice, effortless cool vibe to it and I was hooked on it by my first listen. BRUTUS also had some cool things going on and is certainly the second best song on the single, right behind グリムキャット. I thought they did a nice job this time; I wasn't expecting much and it turned out to be a pretty pleasant release.

Also regarding Kazoku, it's clear that Azusa was the core of their earlier releases and once he left and they decided to go on with Jun and Sora, they wouldn't have that jazzier sound anymore. I always thought THE KIDDIE was just a continuation of the post-Azusa era; never expected much of them, so I was never really let down by them and was able to enjoy most of their releases.

Sign in to follow this