Sign in to follow this  
AmberKid

Old TW member returns!

Heyho!

Soooooo...I finally found my way here. Has been a while.

Over at TW I used to be pretty active in a couple of threads...some peeps might remeber me from mainly the D'espairsray thread, I guess...I kept my old username, btw. ;)

Life has changed for me, from a disenchanted university student to my own boss with a small brand and my own radio show.

So...anyone here still knows me? Guess not. :P

Sorry I can't say I recall you, though your username does seem familiar. Anyway welcome back. It's good to see you found the forum again.

And congrats on being your own boss and having your radio show. It's always been a fantasy of mine to start a radio show that plays rock or jrock where I live. Especially since all the radio station where I live (in NYC) play mainstream crap and there's only one mediocre rock station.

Life has changed for me, from a disenchanted university student to my own boss with a small brand and my own radio show.

awesome! ;D

Welcome back! I'm not sure if I remember you, but your username definitely has a vague ring to it. ;P

So...anyone here still knows me? Guess not. :P

That's awesome! I hope to be in that position eventually.

Did you used to have the same avatar as well? The name rings a bell, but the avatar even more so.

Sorry I can't say I recall you, though your username does seem familiar. Anyway welcome back. It's good to see you found the forum again.

And congrats on being your own boss and having your radio show. It's always been a fantasy of mine to start a radio show that plays rock or jrock where I live. Especially since all the radio station where I live (in NYC) play mainstream crap and there's only one mediocre rock station.

I started radio at university...and somehow took off from there. I have two formats now, one for pop, one for rock. It's a good feeling to introduce ppl to music from Asia...especially ppl that otherwise would never listen to it.

awesome! ;D

Welcome back! I'm not sure if I remember you, but your username definitely has a vague ring to it. ;P

Hehe...thanks! I've pulled back into lurkdom for quite some time, so no worries!

That's awesome! I hope to be in that position eventually.

Did you used to have the same avatar as well? The name rings a bell, but the avatar even more so.

Just never give up on chasing your dreams. It's hard work, but it's definitely worth the strain.

As for my avatar...yes, I had a similar one back then. Always Karyu on my userpic...has a special meaning for me. :)

I am pretty darn sure I remember you then XD

As for my own business, hopefully it will happen eventually, I want to get some experience in the business world first before I go ahead and start my own company.

I am pretty darn sure I remember you then XD

Cool! :D

As for my own business, hopefully it will happen eventually, I want to get some experience in the business world first before I go ahead and start my own company.

*nods* I understand. Was the same with me, I worked for other ppl before and learned lots before I took this step. Luckily I have friends with A LOT more experience, who help me out when I need advice. And so far everything goes well.

I mean...I'm 34 now, studied media science, worked in retail, started journalism on a whim & travelled half of Europe for interviews (still do XD)...and now I started my own fashion brand, fulfilling one of my childhood dreams to be a designer.

And am starting a music promotion agency on the side as well. XD

Sign in to follow this