Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

NEGA new maxi single "FABLE IN THE COLD BED"

The only thing that puts me off them constantly is Jin's voice. But somehow it was less worse in PERESTROIKA. Still bad though

^

The song sounds OK and all that, but the bass drum sound puts me off. Why on earth would a drummer go for that sound? It's just a fucking CLICK. Every single tiem he kikcs the bass drums there's no punch or power in it, just a god damn CLICK CLICKCLICK CLICK CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK. Jesus! How retarded and annoying.

^ Actually that's been annoying me for quite a while now too. xD Every single release, every single song, it's that clicking sound.

Triggers, I assume. Sounds like it.

Well, I won't complain as long as I like the music itself, but it's still rather annoying...

Weird because I remember that they had a good/normal drum sound on their earlier releases. Oh well. :lol:

Yeah, but that's how it goes with a lot of bands. And a bad drum sound can ruin a whole album for me. So I most likely won't listen to this song no more.

lmboo at jin's hurrdurrshoutyscreams during the intro.... HRRRRRBRAAABAABWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! HRRRRRBRAAABAABWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! HRRRRRBRAAABAABWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

song was really cool though, however the flat chorus was embarrassing.

Ah I've finally managed to stop laughing at the screams.

Can agree with the posts above me~

The riffing was nice, drums were annoying (I think it wasn't only the clicking bass drum, but also the rest being slightly too loud)

and the chorus was just meh...

hm I liked it c:

I lol'd at Jin´s screams at the beginning though XD

The song sounds OK and all that, but the bass drum sound puts me off. Why on earth would a drummer go for that sound? It's just a fucking CLICK. Every single tiem he kikcs the bass drums there's no punch or power in it, just a god damn CLICK CLICKCLICK CLICK CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK. Jesus! How retarded and annoying.

THIS! THIS X1000!

Apart from the sound of bass drum, I think it's a pretty decent preview. Will definitely check out the full version!

Ugh. I still hope for a day that the rest will fire Jin and get themselves a decent vocalist.

Perestroika had same bass drum problems... i guess they should train bass drum hitting with power and emotions daaamnnn

Ugh. I still hope for a day that the rest will fire Jin and get themselves a decent vocalist.

Wwwhaat? He is not that bad, unlike most of his UCP colleague singers...

To be honest, this is something I notice a lot with "jrock" bands. The worst is, and will forever be Deathgaze. I just can't belive it. It's like a fucking joke. The drummers, as well as the rest of the bands, has to be deaf for not doing something with it.

However, they most likely use triggers which makes it easier to hit because you barely have to touch the drum for it to make sound, so it's just easier. I can, to a degree, understand it when Hellhammer does it live since he plays about 50 times faster than every single "jrock" band does. But bands had no problems doing it without triggers in the 80's and 90's, so why no? Jeez, it's just lame.

CLICK.

Drums have been horrible for ages, that was why I disliked Perestroika's mini. Thankfully, this song shows better songwriting. I may like it yet.

I facepalmed at the vampire fangs though. Great to see they're still using the gimmicks.

Sarcasm.

OKAY, the preview are surely kickass...

Glad to see that Jin still can't sing at all.

The girl they used in the PV was pretty.

Agree with you peace...

I wouldn't call the bass drum sound as a problem. A lot of bands go for this sound because of its prominence. And you can't really say it sounds bad...especially off of a youtube clip. I am willing to bet that the sound will be a lot more lush and powerful on cd, that's how it usually goes.

We can say it, because it's the same drum sound they've used since Chaos. It only sounds good on a stereo with the right EQ settings, on headphones it's horribl. True it is worse on youtube, but if it sounds like this, which is identical to Perestroika and everything else since 2008, it'll sound just as bad. Still clicky, and we have every right to say this, because it's true. Look up Haunted Jealousy or Heartz on youtube, it's just as bad as that sample.

It's not really that bad. Don't see what the big fuss is all about. It's just a very prominent and clean sound which is designated to present itself as primary and not just background noise. And headphones don't really hinder that overall experience either.

If the bass drum drowned out the snare, or any other aspects of the drumming, then I'd be bothered. But it doesn't. It plays a strong bit of focus to the overall sound, but still remains subtle enough to fit.

Sign in to follow this