Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

SADS

65340513.jpg

sads_2572.jpg

SADS is a band of Kiyoharu (Kiyoharu, member of the Visual Kei group Kuroyume/黒夢), Sakashita, Masarou and Eji *that plays a pretty straight blend of post-punk, grunge and glam rock influenced music. Kiyoharu still maintains his eclectic vocal approach, however, which gives their sound a nicely unique flavor despite being a bit more conventional in overall style.

(* current lineup:

Kiyoharu

K-A-Z

Keisuke Kubota

Go)

So, SADS fans around here?

I like TRGGM, Sad Blood Rock'n'Roll and the 7 Deadly Sins alot

Even though, imho Kuroyume is better than them because I despise Kiyoharu's post-kuroyume-era's occasional, musical mediocrity (Not a big fan of his grunge/safe play-like works)

I like SADS too (and like Kuroyume better too, lol). :)

I have their Sad Blood Rock'n'Roll and The Rose God Gave Me albums, those are my faves probably. But Babylon is cool too. I couldn't really get into the other stuff, too much filler/mediocre material for me (but some nice songs here and there).

Their comeback album was sort of okay though (well, infinitely better than Kuroyume's return IMO).

Out of Kiyoharu's projects, SADS is my least favorite but they have a few fun songs. I've always liked "Strawberry," "Masquerade," and "Rakuen." Of course, it has been a while since I listened to their pre-breakup material too.

SADS is actually the only Kiyoharu related project I like. I'm not in love with kiyoharu vocals per se so my whole thing was more so just the style of music as it was hella fun to rock out to and was the kind of stuff I liked listening to at the time. I still bump their albums, particularly TRGGM, on occasion mostly for nostalgia. Not really too fond of their comeback material though, not that it's bad, just hasn't hit me the same way.

Never really checked them out, maybe 1 album like a year ago or so, but I must say I really like GOTHIC CIRCUS

Sign in to follow this