Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

The Killers

The-Killers-music-mm03.jpg

The Killers are an American rock band from Las Vegas, Nevada that was formed in 2001, by Brandon Flowers (lead vocals, keyboards) and Dave Keuning (guitar, backing vocals). Mark Stoermer (bass, backing vocals) and Ronnie Vannucci Jr. (drums, percussion) would complete the current line-up of the band in 2002.

The group's debut album, Hot Fuss (2004) brought the band mainstream success. The Killers' second album, Sam's Town, was released in 2006, and compilation album Sawdust containing B-sides, rarities, and unreleased material, was released in 2007. Their third studio album, Day & Age, produced by Stuart Price, was released in 2008. In 2009 they released their first live album and DVD titled Live From The Royal Albert Hall.

To date, the band has sold over six million albums in the United States, over five million albums in the United Kingdom and over 15 million worldwide.

The Killers - Mr.Brightside

gGdGFtwCNBE

The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It :indie_love:

l1p_NHFd8jM

One of my favorite bands. Hot Fuss is the best IMO.

Brandon-Flowers-General-3-Lucy-Hamblin1.jpg

Despite Brandon's solo record lacking, the band itself is good and am looking forward to their fourth album.

they're really good.

Even Sawdust, heir remix and rarerities is good xD

I was tricked though, when i heard Jenny Was A friend Of Mine,

i thought they are band from Britain lol

I like every one of their album so far, nice progress in every releases.

I could have sworn that they were British.

My english teacher said the same.

^ That might have to do with the fact that they're music is influenced by British acts plus the fact that they were influenced by the NYC Post-Punk image scene like Interpol and The Bravery on their debut.

I know they recently mentioned they're going to start the writing process of their 4th album in May, but they also mentioned they're going to take their time on it. They've been putting out albums every 2 years so I'm hoping there isn't this huge 5 year gap between Day and Age and thier next album.

Have loved them since 'Somebody Told Me'.

Same. A friend of mine bought their album after hearing that song and let me borrow it. I ripped it, gave it back and fell in love with their music after my first listen. It was easily the best album I had heard all year.

The Killers have recorded four songs for their next album, tentatively titled Battle Born.

Speaking to in the new issue of Q, Brandon Flowers explained that the Las Vegas band have been working in their hometown.

"I think we want to get back to the music that is really us," the singer explained of the feel of the new material, adding that recording in Vegas was not only inspiring their music, but it was having an impact on their lyrics too.

"I am writing about the world that I really know," he declared of the songs so far which currently includes a seven-and-a-half minute epic called The Slot Tech.

Apparently they've been in the studio since October. I'm expecting a release sometime in the spring of next year.

Official name for the new album is Battle Born and will be released sometime in the fall.

This new song debuted yesterday. I thought it was okay at first listen, but it's really grown on me. It's like Day & Age with some Sam's Town.

2LOeImx0kW4

heard it last night when it debuted. Immediatly fell in love. though for me it's more like Sam's Town with a bit of Day & Age actually =)

The second half of 2012 is really shaping up to have the most epic music releases.

the-killers-runaways-2012-07-23.jpg

1.Flesh and Bone

2.Runaways

3.Miss Atomic Bomb

4.Here with Me

5.Matter of Time

6.Deadlines and Commitments

7.The Way It Was

8.Rising Tide

9.Heart of a Girl

10.From Here on Out

11.Be Still

12.Battle Born

Official video for Runaways.

TMbyWSGYUgc

Heard good reviews for the new album so far. It's been released in the UK today and it's all over the web. But I'm going to wait to get my copy tomorrow.

Okay, so anyone heard this yet? I'm really happy with this release. It was worth the wait. It's a good continuation from Day and Age and it still has those DA moments and others from Sam's Town, but there was also an expansion from those sounds and some pleasant surprises. There's more of synth presence, but it's well done and fits the music. Really love the guitar work too. Another strong release for the band.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Xy9XPghSqDQ

Yea just got the CD this week and it is really good.

It isn't as britpoppy a la Hot Fuss anymore but still really good.

Very masculine sounds. I love and appreciate it.

Sign in to follow this