Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

SHERBETS new album + not disbanding after all

Asai Kenichi's amazing rock band SHERBETS will be disbanding this summer, after a small tour.

On the positive side, they will release one last album titled FREE in July.

I'm really sad. Eventhough they weren't always active, SHERBETS was always there from time to time as Kenichi's band, touring, releasing great music. And now they permanently break up, no more going back to SHERBETS it seems. I will miss them, but I'm also glad that they blessed us with such great records as Vietnam 1964 or Miracle. Also looking forward to the last album.

I guess most people on here don't know them (since they're not visual kei XD) but I thought I'd share this piece of info.

edit: looks like the band changed their mind: no disbandment, yay! xD

I've listened to them a lot recently. Pretty much everything Asai Kenichi lays his hands on turns golden. This was an amazing project with lots of beautiful songs.

But I'm not too sad about the disbandment. We got PONTIACS now.

As long as Asai Kenichi doesn't retire from the music scene, all is good. That man is a genius.

Never was into them much, sad to say, but always in support of whatever Kenichi Asai does. I really liked his voice a lot more on Sherbets than BJC.

I second Des' statement that as long as he doesn't quit music, it's all good.

Yeah, you're both right, at least he's still doing music. I'm not really fond of PONTIACS but whatever new he releases, I'll always listen to it. (and slowly collect his works in the meantime XD)

SHERBETS last album FREE will be released on July 6th.

Tracklist:

01. これ以上言ってはいけない (Koreijou itte wa ikenai)

02. リディアとデイビッド (Lydia to David)

03. WONDER WONDER

04. Motor Blitz Breakers

05. Nothing For All

06. Neighbourhood Funky Special

07. LOVE BEAN

08. 青いサングラス (Aoi Sunglass)

09. Wild Flower

10. 甘い夢 (Amai yume)

11. 風の話 (Kaze no hanashi)

It seems Kenichi said in a recent Ongaku no hito interview that the band changed their mind, and won't break up after all.

LOL close call.

^ Well since they're pretty much only periodically active anyways I guess they thought they'd keep the possibility of future albums/tours together. Really curious about that coming new album btw. :)

Sign in to follow this