Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

spiv states members will depart & new mini album release

spiv states Gt.RYO, Ba.ZECHS & Dr.??也(seiya) will depart after their live at Higashikouenji 20000V at 2011/07/09

their new mini album "フタリノホシ(futari no hoshi)" will be released at 2011/07/13 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (2,100yen) will include CD+DVD (including "フタリノホシ(futari no hoshi)" PV), and regular edition (1,680yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]

01.フタリノホシ(futari no hoshi)

02.Charon-カロン-

03.HEART

04.Always-for Japan-

05.Always-for the world-

06.ラ??ーズフィルム(lover's film) (included in regular edition)

http://spivstates.com/

so they didn't release anything with this line up, and not even a look was out. professional.

support members at their mini live at Tower Records Shibuya B1 STAGE ONE at 2011/08/13:

Gt.KIYOSHI (hide with Spread Beaver)

Ba.TAKASHI (BUG)

Dr.GO (Sads)

btw their band name has officially changed to "SPIV STATES" at 2011/07/10

After listening to the full futari no hoshi song I must admit the future of this band looks worse than ever. I mean music-wise.

I only hope Jun can throw his diva complex away so this band can produce interesting music as a full band. So sad it won't happen.

This project needs to be joined by experienced and creative members just like Jun. And he must let them compose their stuff.

Also, a more expressive and charismatic vocalist would be really welcome. Jun doesn't do any bad at all but aint good either.

I think because I (personally, so probably other people) remember old times... when the couple Jun x Iori at guitars rocked firstly Mar'derayla and then Phantasmagoria... ^^ personally I found spiv states's music not my cup of tea, as well Jun's solo project Attic.

I've never understood where all this spiv states hate come from? Enlighten me!

Well I must say I do not hate spiv states, in fact is one of my favorite and most listened to projects. But at this rate I have lost most of my confidence in their production being as good as it was at the first releases.

When this was a duo unit thei sound was bold and satisfyng, a perfect balance of pop and rock with notable guitar performance that made happen mutiple melodies at a time, all of them equally interesting. The vocal melody was just one layer of the song polyphony. It was rare to find a jap pop rock visual kei band that made such a rich and approachable sound. It was easy to get into but it was full of content.

Since Iori left, the lack of one member willing to have interesting guitar phrases on the songs has driven to a sound were the guitars have been losing protagonism and the style has headed to a more straightforward pop, wich is realyy disapointing imo.

Now, with futari no hoshi, the title song of the new mini album of the project to be released this week, jun have done a nice song but it has really little content. The guitar is just plain and low sounding riffs and the keyboard is more predominant even in the guitar "solo" wich is eclised totally by the synths. But it's not a big loss since is a quite embarassing one, specially in comparison with anything this project has released to date.

Also, Jun seems like a really controlling person. He even did not let Iori speak on the livestreams when the audience rised a question for him and Jun answered himself.

Also, early this year jun announced the rebirth of the band with the inclussion of 3 new and promissing members... but it just became a scenario for Jun's unprofessionalty tp be shown. In four months they did not get even an official foto as a band. None of the new members composed anything -Jun did not let them, as he did not let Iori either- and he finally ended alone again this spring, with all his new members leaving him on his own with his rotating support members he is confortable with.

Really really sad and embarassing if you ask me.

Now the guy is on facebook using his overseas fanbase to get his ameblo to the top 10 in the week his new CD is released and is encouraging them to make free promo of it.

He still makes music that I like but if you ask me, this Jun guy is a total asshole. I would punch him in the face with no regret at all.

bland hide copycat

This, basically (at least from my perspective).

bland hide copycat

This, basically (at least from my perspective).

Yep ~ To me, it just seems Jun is trying to ride his short lived fame he had with Phantasmagoria as much as possible. :|

Jun also had a nico nico live were he introduced a new song called wmn noise. Maybe we'll se it announced as a single at the oneman.

seeing a bland hide copycat with a real hide support member is so weird srsly

This. It's weirder than when Miyavi had Spread Beaver guys play with him.

And is there something wrong with the information on this thread or is there something I don't know? Seiya is the bassist, alteast the last I time I checked. The other guy is the drummer.

support members at 2011/11/17:

Gt.Nagi (ex-Luclia-->Ludia le Moise-->Shulla-->Viored-->Sel'm)

Ba.seiya (ex-りわいる☆☆まざぁ(rewyle mother)-->A-->Viored)

Dr.三浦智也(miura tomoya) (PULLING TEETH)

Sign in to follow this