Sign in to follow this  
Furik

[Review] Crossfaith - The Dream, The Space

What do you guys think so far?

Honestly, I didn't feel like anything could surpass their debut album but... the new album did.l

I didn't have high hopes for it but it's perfect. The guitar work and synth playing is amazing.

I'll do a full track-by-track review later.

For now i'll leave you with what I think are some highlights of the album.

+ Chaos Attractor (duh)

+ Stars Faded In Slow Motion (I did NOT like this song at first, which was one of the reasons why I wasn't excited for the new album but i've grown to like it)

+ The Dream, The Space (Gorgeous. No argument there.)

+ Snake Code (Caribbean Death Roulette) (Guitar work is groovy)

All in all, i'm giving it more listens. Right now, it's at a 7/10

I sort-of enjoyed their first album...but it was short, bland at times, and poorly mixed and produced on certain tracks -- so naturally going into this new album I was expecting something more, especially with Stars Faded In Slow Motion.

I wasn't disappointed! I would go as far as to call this a SERIOUS contender for Album of the Year, and one of the BEST metalcore releases of all time. Each track blends extremely well into the next, and presents that sheer presence of what an album should -- their first wasn't able to do this. Their first was simply rough ideas pasted together to come up with a good outline of what was to come, but it was still premature.

There are absolutely no bad tracks on this album either. Each track just smashes you in the face, yet, have their own unique qualities to make them discernible from the rest. Oh and the production quality is pretty good! Several steps up from their first album.

If there is any complaint, it is the overpowering synth and the mixing of the synth on certain tracks. The band would be phenomenal without so much synth-intervention, but it has its place. I feel like this is thoroughly shown with the new Stars Faded in Slow Motion where the guitars are CONSISTENTLY drowned out to give way for the synth.

Overall: 9.5/10 Amazing songs, some of the best presented in a bland metalcore scene...but that synth irks me sometimes.

I really liked their first album, but this one's just so much better already (only listened to it once so far). Gonna be spinning this for a long time! The Prodigy cover at the end is so much fun too. :D Great album.

I enjoyed this album more than their first one. It feels a bit more varied and the synth feels better integrated. Overall I enjoyed it. And Omen is fun as hell, lol.

Am i the only one who thinks that its a lot less aggresive than the first EP?

I listened to it once, but i got the feeling its less powerful.I didnt find a ''mirror'' or ''blue'' in it.

Does this album have any songs on it that doesn't have screaming through about the whole song? Since that's what I kind of expect

^ One song, Demise and Kiss has some clean vocals (by Masato from coldrain). Plus, there are 3 interludes without vocals. :lol: But yeah, apart from that it's growling/screaming.

I'm not an enormous fan of this band, but I do love their music a lot. I haven't heard a song yet that I thought was bad, however, they all begin to run together after a while for me. But this album was really great. I'd say 9/10.

dunno, liked this one far less then the previous one.

first one is much more aggressive (what i like more)

plus the recording doesnt sound as sharp or aggressive as the first record. hate what they did with stars faded in slowmotion, loved the pv version but the cd version just isnt as aggressive as it was supposed to be

like the omen cover kinda hahaXD and the dream, the space is cool, really atmospheric.

the record does grow on you i noticed, but it just istn as good as no.1. so i had high hopes and was bit dissapointed, so 7.5/10

next time faster songs, less slow stuff and more double bass, for gods sake let the cimbals etc. be heared again and dont make it sound like this recording.

Sign in to follow this