Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

Passenger having heart attack, but no emergency landing.

An award-winning BBC journalist who suffered a heart attack on board a Singapore Airlines flight may sue the airline after it refused to make an emergency landing.

Max Pearson, 51, has reportedly been left with long term heart damage after being forced to endure a 14-hour flight in cardiac arrest.

His requests for the plane to divert to the nearest hospital were denied, the Daily Mail reports.

The BBC World Service radio journalist was returning to London from Tokyo after spending a week in Japan reporting on the tsunami.

He boarded a connecting flight in Singapore which landed in London on March 18.

But soon after the plane took off, Mr Pearson was struck by a heart attack.

It is claimed cabin crew refused requests to re-route the plane so he could received urgent medical attention, the Daily Mail reports.

The married father-of-two was rushed by ambulance to hospital as soon as the plane touched down at Heathrow Airport and underwent life-saving emergency surgery.

read the rest HERE

It's crazy to think such good reliable airline as them doing this for many reasons.

It's a life-death situation for a passenger here.

I'll surely think twice to get their service in the future, or black list them instead. :(

Not so reliable anymore now for me, sorry.

That's fucked up but probably has to do with airline security and all that. I'd have some sort of EMT on board trained to deal with different passenger medical emergencies. Heart attacks, strokes, seizures, births etc. But major airlines are way too cheap to do that.

Sign in to follow this