Spike760

What are you listening to?

I see this band (Opeth) on Getmetal, but didn't tae any of their album, I will try maybe in future.

Bring Me the Horizon – Slow Dance

I see this band (Opeth) on Getmetal, but didn't tae any of their album, I will try maybe in future.

Bring Me the Horizon – Slow Dance

Their definitely one of the better prog/melo-death metal bands out there, Or at least they used to be. I enjoyed every album up until Heritage when Mikael decided to have a change of pace and lighten things up quite a bit and go with more prog rock/folk metal. Their songs are still masterpieces but the best songs have the right balance between death metal growls, clean vocals and well layed switch between clean and heavy parts. Their songs were generally quite dynamic and well written with great synergy between the instruments. Definitely never a dull moment. 

Sadly i dont think they will ever make another death metal album. I know that Mikael wanted to expand their sound and move away from the whole death metal genre as a whole as they had the right kind of talent to do that and I cant really blame them for wanting to try something else.

When i say talent, I know a lot of guitarists that play metal really well but not blues and all the subgenres that encompass it. same goes for drummers. I know some that are total machines when it comes to double kick drums and blast beats etc etc but ask them to play some Jazz beats and while they maybe able to, it takes them a while to get into the groove.

As much as I love Opeth,  Heritage didnt impress me much.  Watershed was a better album, had a few good songs but not much replay value.