Sign in to follow this  
Furik

Between the Buried and Me

(Too lazy to write another intro so copy+pasted my old TW post. Edited it a bit due to age.)

normal_Between_The_Buried_And_Me_720P.jpg

Between the Buried and Me are quite possibly my favorite band ever. Ever.

They are a progressive metal band (which fuse genres like jazz, experimental rock, death metal).

I believe I like them because they are similar to my favorite Japanese band Coaltar of the Deepers.

The singer, Tommy, has an impressive versatile voice - singing falsetto and then drastically changing to growls. He also looks up to the English rock band Muse (and you can pretty much tell with their work - their intro song on their new album sounds identical to Muse's "Take A Bow").

The band has been around since 2000 and has release five albums - their latest, The Great Misdirect.

They have a "two EP release" planned, the first (titled "The The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues") being released in April on their new label Metal Blade.

They have also release a covers album, The Anatomy Of..., in which they cover bands from the Smashing Pumpkins to Queen. And Tommy can imitate the vocalists like crazy.

2002: Between the Buried and Me

2003: The Silent Circus

2005: Alaska

2007: Colors

2009: The Great Misdirect

2011: The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues

(The new EP leaked. Thoughts everyone?)

could you pls post some examples of impressive versatile voice?

I like some of their instrumentals, but I can't stand the boring pretentious growling through all the tracks I've heard so far

ggsC9bzZHJQ

Near the 2:30 mark+

sZHHACdrUZo

in0h71WceI4

Choruses / Near the End

zOYggTt-hUg

Best example. The ending is epic.

I tried a few songs. This is not for me. I simpely got a headache. This is what I call noise. But jeje, at least I tried.

And I gotta ask; What about the ending is epic? I don't get it at all. This is as far from what I'd call epic that you'll get. Nothing huge or majestic about it at all.

This is as far from what I'd call epic that you'll get. Nothing huge or majestic about it at all.

232983237v1_480x480_Front.jpg

now that I'm totally sure I can't listen to them, do you have more pics of that guy in the black hoodie?

my fap folder needs him, like, now

I'm color blind. What guy are you talking about?

"Between The Burried And Me" are truly awesome. How good they really are can be heard if you listen to Songs like "Sun Of Nothing" or "Mirrors", which show the Diversity of the Vocals as well as the Guitarplay.

I would not call them "epic", but they sure have an Understanding of how to pull off a good Balance of progressive, brutal and melodic Elements. They even remind me of Chuck Schuldiner to some extent.The only Thing that sucks about them sometimes is when they get lost in Mathcore/Breakdown kind of shit for too long.

I haven't heard their new EP yet, but looking forward to do so.

Sign in to follow this