asking_alexandria_01.jpg

?

Asking Alexandria is an English metalcore band from York, North Yorkshire. Founded in 2008 when Ben Bruce (lead guitar) contacted old friends after moving back to England from Dubai, the current line-up consists of Ben Bruce, Denis Stoff (vocals), Cameron Liddell (rhythm guitar), Sam Bettley (bass guitar) and James Cassells (drums).

?

?

?

?

?

Stand and Up Scream got me into these guys. I usually have a hard time getting into metal bands with electronic and techno beats since all the ones I've heard don't seem to mix the two genres well. Here's an exception. Another fact to point out about the band is the use of clean vocals, screaming, and death growls. They sorta reminded me of Bring Me The Horizon when I first heard them, except I liked them better.

?

Updated:

?

I still love this guys. Never imagined they would get so big or the amount of unwarranted hate they would get.

I have to admit that I really liked their first album. Saw a few songs live last year as well and they aren't that bad. They do have the BMTH vibe going on but without an "oliver" in it :P

Okay since I've had enough time to listen to their new album I can honestly say that I love it. At first I thought it was okay since their new record isn't as engaging as their last but there's some definite improvement and experimentation. The inclusions of string sections, higher pitched growls, catchier choruses, improved guitar work, and an industrial sounds.

Morte Et Dabo is a perfect example of this. It's heavy and chaotic and has the low and high pitched growls, sparse menacing industrial beats, and a hooky chorus with an awesome guitar riff. The Match is sort of similar minus the higher pitched growls and with a techno breakdown. Both are some of my favorite songs. I also loved Dear insanity, Closure with another awesome electronic breakdown, A Lesson Never Learned which has the poppiest chorus they have ever done, Breathless, Another Bottle Down, and Someone, Somewhere which features only clean vocals.

To sum up Reckless and Relentless:

Pros: Deathcore like metal with techno breakdowns

Cons: The lyrics could use some work.

I'm extremely impressed with Morte Et Dabo.

It's like all of BMTH's new album all in one song.

I haven't heard BMTH's new album other than It Never Ends, but Morte Et Dabo is pretty sick. It's definitely one of the highlights of the new album and is a prime example of what this band is really good at. They can fuse different tempos and styles and transition flawlessly from one to another. It's a staple of their songs and adds interest and fun to their brutality. Hence why Morte Et Dabo has a whole bunch of things going on but its condensed.

I'm actually disappointed this band just finished headlining a north American tour and came nowhere near where I was. They're on the warped tour but I'm still not sure if I'm going. They deserve more than a hour to play. There are songs I really want to hear live.

Mort Et Dabo

Breathless

Closure

A Lesson Never learned

Nobody Don't Dance No More

A Prophecy

When Everyday's the Weekend

Hey There Mr. Brooks :staru:

A Candlelight dinner with Inamorta :staru:

I liked their first album a lot better than the new one, but I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were still great :P I'd love to see them to a smaller tour though, because I'd like to see them in a venue instead of on a festival :s

I liked their first album a lot better than the new one, but I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were still great :P I'd love to see them to a smaller tour though, because I'd like to see them in a venue instead of on a festival :s

First album was the best. And I decided on not going. I don't really like festivals and abhor hot summer weather so that sealed the deal for me. I'll just wait till they come back headlining a tour.

And a new video for Closure came out. These guys do seem hella fun live.

RxBelXU2h4o

I've seen them twice now (not a full set though) and I thought they were great. I saw them on festivals instead of a venue and maybe that's a bit different, but I liked it anyway. Can't wait till they're finally doing a venue tour over here..

Personally, I don't like festivals. I prefer oneman/little events in a not too big venue. I'll try their most recent album anyway ^^ thank you for your advise anyway.

I'll finally be seeing them in a venue they'll be be playing in new york. Excited about it.

Also these guys put out music hella fast. Read in a interview they already have new material for their 3rd album and will begin recording early next year. I guess there not the type of band that takes 3- 5 years to put out a new disc. Plus Danny's got a solo album coming out. Its kinda cool to see how much they've gotten done and how much more popular they're becoming in about 3 short years.

^ Yeah I've really grown to appreciate the sound on that album overtime.

Seems these guys have really exploded into the scene this past year. And they've got that new tour with Dir en grey.

Plus new album is suppose to be out by September of this year.

According to frontman Danny Worsnop, their next album will be “a musical baby of Mötley Crüe and Slipknot.”

Sounds like an interesting combination.

The band's released a new single for free. I'm surprised at Danny's new clean vocals and the change in his growls(perhaps the slipknot influence?). It does seem to be for the better. The lyrics have vastly matured too.

Asking Alexandria - Run Free

HdR1W3-y0-o

Hate be singer. He looks like 2006 MySpace emo scene. His voice is okay though. But he needs to drop the look. Please.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Denis's look in that video. The song is pretty good though. I like what was going on in the verses. It's definitely heavier than their " I Won't Give In" single, but I'm still waiting for that balls to the wall heavy material like on their first 2 albums.  I'm guessing they are saving that for the album.

It's funny because Denis's ex band reminded of all the good things I liked about AA. His look was better suited for AA then too.

I'm still curious what is going to happen to Down and Dirty. They only released 2 songs but they were very  promising. 

If the new AA is anything like DD I'll be happy. All ready pre-ordered AA's new album.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Denis's look in that video. The song is pretty good though. I like what was going on in the verses. It's definitely heavier than their " I Won't Give In" single, but I'm still waiting for that balls to the wall heavy material like on their first 2 albums.  I'm guessing they are saving that for the album.

It's funny because Denis's ex band reminded of all the good things I liked about AA. His look was better suited for AA then too.

I'm still curious what is going to happen to Down and Dirty. They only released 2 songs but they were very  promising. 

If the new AA is anything like DD I'll be happy. All ready pre-ordered AA's new album.

I love those D&D tracks a lot, so while I wasn't surprised Denis went to AA, I'm kind of a little sad about him leaving D&D. I mean, who knows what could have been.

Either way, I think he's just fine as a new vocalist for AA and I'm fairly sure I'll finally be interested in their music again. AA's last few haven't been really doing it for me after all.

^ Same. I enjoyed their third album, even if it strayed away from their original sound. However there was something missing about it. Not to mention there were a lot of production problems on that album for some odd reason. The most disappointing thing was the track Howard Jones was on. It sucks they got what is essentially one of the best metalcore veteran vocalists yet messed up his vocals so bad.

My top tracks from Death To Destiny

Killing You

The Death Of Me

Run Free

The Road

I also really liked the bonus track they released for the European and Japanese release, "Dead". I was kinda hoping more of that album had been in that vein.

I really enjoyed From Death to Destiny as well. Going to cleaner vocals for the album was a nice change of pace, as well as for the vocalists health. I heard about his vocal chord injury.

I'm still questioning the new singers capability. Sad that Danny left (not sure why yet), but he provided that raw energy that helped complete the band. This new guy, I'm not really feeling it yet.