Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Interpol

interpol_14.jpg

Interpol is an American indie rock band formed in 1997 in New York City. The band's original line-up consisted of Paul Banks (vocals, guitar), Daniel Kessler (guitar, vocals), Carlos Dengler (bass guitar, keyboards) and Greg Drudy (drums, percussion). Drudy left the band in 2000 and was replaced by Sam Fogarino. In 2010, shortly after recording finished for the band's fourth album, Dengler left to pursue personal projects. While the band is officially now a trio, they have recruited David Pajo as their new bassist, and Brandon Curtis as their new keyboardist and backing vocalist for their current tour.

Interpol is one of the bands associated with the New York City indie music scene, and was one of several groups that emerged out of the post-punk revival of the 2000s. The band's sound is generally a mix of bass throb and rhythmic, harmonized guitar, with a snare heavy mix, drawing comparisons to post-punk bands such as Joy Division and The Chameleons. Aside from the lyrics, their songwriting method includes all of the band members, rather than relying on any given chief songwriter.

Interpol's debut album Turn on the Bright Lights (2002) was critically acclaimed, making it to tenth position on the NME's list of top albums in 2002 as well as #1 on Pitchfork Media's Top 50 Albums of 2002. Subsequent records Antics (2004) and Our Love to Admire (2007) have confirmed the band's initial success and turned them into a commercial and critical success. The band released its fourth, self-titled album on September 7, 2010.

Interpol - PDAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw97oth25Vg

I love this Band. Turn On The Bright Lights remains my favorite album of theirs. I'm actually seeing them live for the first time tomorrow night. 8)

i honestly haven't check their 2010 album.

But i like their 3 earlier albums.

And i just listened to Turn On The Bright Light again the other day,

NYC and Leif Erikson brought so many memories xD

I’m really glad I got the chance to see them perform at Radio City Music hall last night, because they were AMAZING!!! They’re songs are already great but they sound 100 x more awesome live..

PDA was a musical and visual masterpiece. Sam Fogarino did a kick ass punk intro on the drums that gradually slowed down and shifted to the songs beat. They played Say Hello To The Angels twice as fast as on the album which just made it really fun. They played the best songs of the new album, Success, Memory serves, Summer well, Lights, and Barricade . Heinrich Maneuver, Rest My Chemistry, Lighthouse, Wrecking Ball, and Who Do You Think? from Our Love To Admire. Length Of Love, Evil, And Slow Hands from Antics, and Obstacle 1, Obstacle 2, Hands Away and The New from Turn On the Bright Lights.

In addition to those, the most Epic 3 songs they played during the entire set had to be; Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down, NYC, and Not Even Jail, which was the last song they played. Some random hot chick actually managed to sneak up stage during Not Even Jail, give Paul Banks a quick hug while he continued to sing and the band continued to play, then ran off while security chased after her. It was awesome! 2 hours sure went by fast. I can’t believe I waited ten years to see these guys live. Totally worth the 4 hours of sleep I got.

*Finishes raving*

Sign in to follow this