Sign in to follow this  
visual_k

Apocalyptica

pretty awesome band, seen them live in Atlanta when I went to see Dir en grey, they are pretty legit... I like that they use cellos, it makes for a pretty great sound :D and not to mention not many rock/metal bands implement stuff like that in their music xD didn't know they had a new album... so I thank you for that little tidbit of information rite thar.

tbh I'm not into their solo stuff at all… but I really liked em' with (female) vocals!

Path 2 with Sandra Nasic (from guano apes) is still pretty amazing in my opinion =)

IClGbW4Nj2g

If you think their cello stuff doesn't rock, you should listen to something like Path, Heat, or a couple of the tracks from the new album... At the Gates of Manala and On the Rooftop with Quasimodo are both sweet.

The new album is a bit more experimental and progressive at times, and also has a few beautiful classical moments. I really recommend it.

Their stuff that doesn't have guitars or singers and is just pure cello is awesome.

Basically this.

I was really huge on listening to them in my teenage days, but kinda forgot about them as the years went by. I picked up some of their old stuff a while ago, still pretty good. Inquisition Symphony is an amazing album.

Yeah, their early, Metallica stuff is great for sure... But I'm glad they've evolved to the point where they can release a full album of original songs. Their newer albums have such a nice blend of proggy metal, classical cello, and rock w/ vocals. Some people have said they've become too commercial, but I think they've chosen some great singers to work with while maintaining a very unique sound.

And on a different note, their version of Hall of the Mountain King is AMAZING.

Their stuff that doesn't have guitars or singers and is just pure cello is awesome.

I'm oldschool fan but I enjoy theys new style.

I have seen them live last summer and that was blast

Loved the instrumental songs on the 7th Symphony. Some of the ones with vocals were pretty cool as well. They made the girl from Flyleaf actually sound nice and I didn't want to etch "Kill me now" into my arms while listening to her voice. Aside from that album, I only have heard a handful of other songs by them.

Great group of guys, just wish they could escape the poptrap of their work with lamorz from 3 Days Grace and Slipknot. Now this once unheard of group of virtuossos are played about 113 times a day on any kid's ages 12-16 mp3 player.

Hey pop culture: They do have more than 3 songs you know?

:mrgreen: +1 on Flyleaf. Thats what I mean, drop the pop-rock/metal guests and get some talent on there. How about Russell Allen, Roy Khan, Tarja Turunen, or even Alissa White-Gluz? Now we're talking! :rawk:

Sign in to follow this