AnchuAnchor

cali≠gari easter egg(s)

I was listening to cali≠gari's Kinjiki the other day when I noticed that in the "drama" part of the opening sketch, if you will, the version of "Fly Me To The Moon" that was exclusively made for Neon Genesis Evangelion can be heard! 

From what I've gathered Mr. Ao Sakurai must be a fan of the show 

Source:

https://mikiki.tokyo.jp/articles/-/20387

Feel free to post about other easter eggs that you may have come across!

Edited by AnchuAnchor

Not so much an easter egg, but in the interview connected to 13 Shuuji namedrops J.G. Thirlwell's project Foetus in connection to one of the songs on the album. Makes me kinda curious to find out more about the musical stuff these dudes are into lol

Not sure if this counts as an easter egg but Ao sure loves Prince cuz the main motif/chorus of cali≠gari's song "セックスと嘘" from the 12 album is pretty much a straight-up copy of Prince's "I Would Die 4 U". :D 

Spoiler

Like... yeahhhh

Edited by Jigsaw9

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

^ I don't know, or at least I haven't heard anything resembling it so far (but it could be that it's lifted from somewhere xD).

Must be because I remember finding a track on the radio reminiscent of these parts: 1:59-2:13,  3:16-3:26

Can't remember the lyrics at all, but the vocalist was a woman, presumably of African descent. The lyrics were in English.