Sign in to follow this  
Messenger84

OROCHI Europe Tour

I never heard about them but schedule looks O.o.....(Greece?)

March 19th – Ukraine, Kiev

March 20th – Belarus, Minsk

March 23th – Estonia, Tallinn

March 24th – Finland, Helsinki

March 25th – Latvia, Riga

March 27th – Poland, Warsaw

March 30th – Czeck Republic, Prague

April 1st – Hungary, Budapest

April 2nd – Croatia, Rijeka

April 3rd – Austria, Vienna

April 6th – Germany, Cologne

April 15th – Germany, Munich

April 16th – Switzerland, Uster

April 17th – Slovenia, Ljubliana

April 19th – Serbia, Belgrad

April 21th – Greece, Athens

April 22th – Bulgaria, Sofia

April 23th – Romania, BucharestApril 24th – Denmark, Copenhagen

source:

http://www.kohakumusic.com

myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/orochijyo

But its really a weird schedule,true.

I guess it's because nobody in their right mind would go to their concert in a country that has like 2 or 3 bigger/better J-rock acts around the same time (like Miyavi or Girugamesh). :mrgreen: So they can sell them as [yay kawaii awesome visual kei band right here! ^o^]

At least that's how I see it.

I believe Kohaku focusses on East Europe, that´s why there´s such a ´weird´ schedule..

I wanted to go to their show in the Netherlands, but apparently it got cancelled.. I´ll see, maybe I´m going to Cologne.

But where can I find the names of the venues? I thought it would be in die Werkstatt in Cologne, but OROCHI´s not listed on their site ><

for real, why botering to go abroad for a band like this? just like Guild and stuff, a band who hasnt released anything groundbreaking or awsome, just a cheap band to bring to europa to countries who get skipped by big bands.

might have gone if they came to holland, but id rather save my money for awsome stuff like D & Maximum the Hormone coming up.

i never understand those fangirls who have to see every single band that come, even when (like Guild) havent even released anything, so you cant be like: they make the best music ever!

Orochi have actually been around for years, they toured Australia extensively because those guys used to live there, and they released a - pretty good - album and some singles at that time. People just didn't notice them because they weren't "pretty" enough, and probably - due to the fact that they were based in Australia - not "japanese" enough.

Now they are back in Japan, signed with a vk label, are all "prettied" up, including obligatory pink hair, and the larger vk scene notices them for the first time.

Well, it does hold some value because presumably most people going there only got interested in them since they magically turned fullblown-vk and released a song on a vk sampler.

But the band does does have some releases under their belt (I upped their 2006 album in the DL section recently), live experiences, including overseas (I believe they were studying in Australia), so it's not quiet comparable go Guild (though I don't know much about them.)

HEYYYyyyyy!

Only Greece makes you O.o ?

There are other places in this tour that are not visited often -_-'

But its really a weird schedule,true.

Sorry I don't mind but Athens and vkei? (I like the name of Athens venue: Underworld, same like here in London, love it!)

btwonly Portugal or can beat Greece lol

for real, why botering to go abroad for a band like this? just like Guild and stuff, a band who hasnt released anything groundbreaking or awsome, just a cheap band to bring to europa to countries who get skipped by big bands.

might have gone if they came to holland, but id rather save my money for awsome stuff like D & Maximum the Hormone coming up.

i never understand those fangirls who have to see every single band that come, even when (like Guild) havent even released anything, so you cant be like: they make the best music ever!

I´ve seen GUILD live, and it was 10 times better as Versailles´s live.

and kind of stupid to say; ´might have gone if they came to holland´ and then ´ never understand those fangirls who have to see every single band that come´

you´re the one who is always going to every concert of a VK-band in Holland, even if you don´t like them.

to support the scene? or maybe just to look at the pretty boys.. fanboy XD

I guess it's because nobody in their right mind would go to their concert in a country that has like 2 or 3 bigger/better J-rock acts around the same time (like Miyavi or Girugamesh). :mrgreen: So they can sell them as [yay kawaii awesome visual kei band right here! ^o^]

Yeah it kinda makes sense.

And btw, i wont find it very strange if other days get cancelled.

Sorry I don't mind but Athens and vkei? (I like the name of Athens venue: Underworld, same like here in London, love it!)

btwonly Portugal or can beat Greece lol

haha, i thought Belarus, Slovenia and Bulgaria beat Greece, but i couldnt know how the jmusic scene is there.

But we have some Jmusic partys going on here since 2006.

Hehe i bet your underworld is better XD I think (because it has it changed many times) our underworld is kinda small now.

It fits Orochi though :P

haha @ xmilou, remember how berserk you went about Guild with the numbered tickets and calling me a fanboy, ive already missed lots of bands in holland since i didnt like them, hitt, plastic tree, d=out you name them. so a bit hypocritical to say that, i dont visit any band anymore for a long time

it wasnt a personal attack, but apparently you felt like that

i just said what i thought, get over it

haha @ xmilou, remember how berserk you went about Guild with the numbered tickets and calling me a fanboy, ive already missed lots of bands in holland since i didnt like them, hitt, plastic tree, d=out you name them. so a bit hypocritical to say that, i dont visit any band anymore for a long time

it wasnt a personal attack, but apparently you felt like that

i just said what i thought, get over it

that´s something I can´t remember? I DO remember someone who was showing of his pictures with Luzmelt and the fool, and that person said that they sucked hard a month later.

´get over it?´ I´m also just saying my opinion.

but do you actually know what you said?

you first say OROCHI hasn´t released anything awesome, and then you say you might have gone if they came to Holland (if D and MTH weren´t here around that time). so why would you go if you don´t like them? to me that´s fanboy-behaviour.

by the way it didn´t really feel like a personal attack, but I just thought that what you were saying sounded kind of stupid.

Hey guys could you don't turn this topic to personal arg. You both live Holland so you both should meet in pub and disscus some details ;)

Thx.

you´re right, sorry XD;

but well, does anyone already has the list with the names of the venues?

Ehm excuse you? I went abroad for Guild because I LOVE them and had known them for a while then. Just because you think they're crap and not worth it doesn't mean that goes for everyone and just because it's not as well known doesn't mean it's crap either. But I think we went over that a million times at vknl...

Also guys, the Dutch concert didn't get cancelled. Kohaku just hadn't found a venue yet but everything is settled now. They'll play April 7th in Winston in Amsterdam.

The Hungarian gig was awesome! The singer's voice is sounds better than i thought, and their performance was funny too. The guitar was very soft, that's could be sound much louder, but whatever ^^

Sign in to follow this