Sign in to follow this  
Daggi_X

Aoi from Ayabie - 『ONE』

1. Liar 4/5

No that bad actually. I wish the rest of the songs were like this...

2. 誘惑 3/5

I absolutely dislike the PV for this song, but the song itself is okay.

3. Surrender Love 5/5

I loved the single and it's still one of my favourites.

4. Guilty 5/5

Clearly the best song on the album! I already loved it when he performed it live last year at that live-streamed event and the actual recording is even better!

5. 想??出????る???? 3/5

This song would be cool if it was there weren't two (or more) songs later on, that sounded exactly the same.

6. MI DA RA 5/5

His first solo-single that is still heavily influenced by Ayabie and therefore great!

7. secret whisper 1/5

An absolutely uninspired, boring and almost annoying song!

8. Everlasting Love 3/5

An ok-song, but nothing memorable.

9. ???????? 3/5

Definetely one of the better songs on the album, but a little too poppy for my taste.

10. ??日葵 2/5

This song is made to be played live, no doubt about that. The recorded version is rather annoying.

Overall rating 6.5/10 (only because of the two singles and the brilliant "Guilty")

This release really disappointed me and it's depressing to see how much he's changed.

Even as a huge Ayabie-Fan I could barely listen to some of the songs :(

Didn't think the album was anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I loved Liar 5

Yuuwaku was another JRock jazz attempt gone wrong 2

Surrender Love was the better of two singles, and was good in and of itself 5

Guilty was pretty good, but not great 4

Omoide ni Naru Mae ni was a beautiful ballad 5

MI DA RA was a meh-fest to me 3

Secret Whisper was another nice ballad, but a little too calm for me 4

Everlasting Love was fun, yet meaningful. I liked this a lot. 5

Anata e ......Everlasting Love part two, a good song, but too much like it's predecessor 4

Himawari was alright, the first ten seconds were better than the whole song. But the whole song wasn't bad 4

Update:

Regular Edition Tracks:

11. BRAVE DREAMER 5/5

You can clearly hear an ayabie-influence there. I wish there were more songs like that on the album!

12.ONE 5/5

A simple and absolutely epic ballad.

Those two songs are actually better than most of the songs on the album! Great addition :)

The overall rating for the whole album would now be 7.5/10^^

You know what? I think his solo project is better than almost everything he's done in Ayabie. Just like new Ayabie is better than anything old Ayabie ever did. (With the obvious exception of several songs.)

You know what? I think his solo project is better than almost everything he's done in Ayabie. Just like new Ayabie is better than anything old Ayabie ever did. (With the obvious exception of several songs.)

I hate to admit this, but you're right.

When this whole mess started I thought that I could never get used to the new band and his solo-project...

But even though I'm not too fond of some of his solo-songs, it really suits him much better. And capslock-AYABIE is an exceptionally great band.

^Yes I'm really impressed with all this new stuff they've been doing, even if they had to mindfuck my skull before they did it. I think they both found their niches now, and frankly, I'm liking Aoi from ayabie better than AYABIE. This album had a lot of variety where Virgin Snow Color 2nd Season had a lot of repetitivity to it, imho

Really? For me it was exactly the other way round xD

Some of the mid-tempo songs on ONE sounded pretty alike..

I get what you're saying and agree on a certain level, but I feel that VSC2S had a lot of songs that had that... Digital sound to it, along the lines of Game from Irodori, or John by LM.C and even though I LOVE that sound, I feel like there is a point where too much of a good thing is no longer a good thing.

Well that's probably teh reason why I wasn't bothered. I LOVE their electronic songs.^^

Guess that's Yumehito's increased influence on the band...

Even though I really dislike all the electronic, dance stuff, this album was better than EVERY-SINGLE-THING 彩冷??る released after going major, and I won't even start on AYABIE, who should be ashamed of themselves, knowing what music they USED to make. ???????? and Guilty are just purely amazing, really well done songs. Perfect. The rest are kind of meh, but the album is still an 8/10.

his style of singing is a lot better here than in Ayabie. But the music ranged from boring lame crap to pretty good. Idk, nothing him or the other four are doing is radically different so Idek why they had to break up, lol

Sign in to follow this