Sign in to follow this  
evilcoconut

Chinese music

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the General Global section...

But since there was never many fans of individual artists, I figured this is better. So who likes Chinese music around here and who do you like?

I like a lot of Taiwan and Cantopop. But also the underground Mainland rock/metal bands. Most recently though, HK rock band Dear jane has my attention. Their most recent album was actually recorded and mixed in Seattle. I keep meaning to upload both of them here, but I get distracted...lol

I love Chinese music. :)

I think Mandarin especially sounds gorgeous when sung. I probably don't know as many bands as I should, but I've thoroughly enjoyed those I do know. I've been really into the instrumental Hong Kong band Kimtak Building lately, too.

Kimtak Building is great!

I don't really know much about Chinese music, but I do like a few bands. I've been listening to PixelToy, Hedgehog, New Pants and Natural Q. I should definitely take a better look around, and expand my horizon a bit more.

I was looking for two things...

1) Something similiar to the solo project of Xie Tian Xiao

2) Something acoustical.

Thanks

I don't know very much about bands in Chinese music, I listen to a lot of C-Pop, mostly out of Taiwan, I can appreciate some Joey Yung and such from HK too tho.

what do everyone think with Hang Geng new single, My Logo?

pretty awesome huh? I enjoyed it very much jempol2.gif

Awesome single! :-) can't wait for the album.

This kid is good as well. One of the best pop debut albums I've ever heard.

Click click: Nick Chou - Heartless Man

2) Something acoustical.

Thanks

For the 1st one, maybe Muma. I had something of theirs uploaded on the old forum. I'll try to get around to sticking it here too.

Acoustic...Idrk.

As for Han Geng...I've been avoiding him because of possible Kpop contamination. But I listened to the songs today.

Verdict: not bad. Sounds mostly like Twpop, tbh.

@Kir, are you into post-rock? if yes try ?? (Hua Lun), not the best out there but certainly great listening...here a sample:

I will upload the album later...XD

^ i am into many genres actually ^__^

I've tried them out by the links you gave,

t'was sounds nice.

And, i tried the Sugar Plum Ferry one, on recommended video too

both are <3

2) Something acoustical.

Thanks

For the 1st one, maybe Muma. I had something of theirs uploaded on the old forum. I'll try to get around to sticking it here too.

Acoustic...Idrk.

As for Han Geng...I've been avoiding him because of possible Kpop contamination. But I listened to the songs today.

Thanks, also... Where can i find Andy Lau's Mother (the single, not his mother ._.)?

2) Something acoustical.

Thanks

Acoustic...Idrk.

Thanks, also... Where can i find Andy Lau's Mother (the single, not his mother ._.)?
uploaded the Muma album just now. what's this Andy Lau single? Is it a new one? Or just some random old one? I only have albums by him, in general. He has too damn many as it is.

^ i'll check them out. Thanks :)
Nick Chou! Just released his debut album. And I think it's a great one :P A-mei's latest is good as well. Kind of rockish

2) Something acoustical.

Thanks

Acoustic...Idrk.

uploaded the Muma album just now. what's this Andy Lau single? Is it a new one? Or just some random old one? I only have albums by him, in general. He has too damn many as it is.
Thanks,

this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAb7tES5ASA&hd=1

listening to Nick Chou now *is enjoying it* and Zhong Chi has an amazing voice

thank you for the artists ive been meaning to look up Chinese music just never got around to it (only band i really know was Silver Ash)

Sign in to follow this