Sign in to follow this  
Number Girl

VOLA & the Oriental Machine New Album

Got an email from CDJapan this morning that says VOLA & the Oriental Machine are releasing a new full album currently scheduled to be released this September. :spin:

Link provided: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UPCH-1795

As a fan, this makes me really excited. I enjoyed their last album, SA-KA-NA Electric Device and I'm hoping for something just as good or better.

Oh, exciting! I'm so looking forward to this now! I bet it'll be a great album. :)

I checked their website just now. It seems the title of the release is going to be PRINCIPLE and they will have a tour as well. :) Can't wait to hear some samples.

-double post time-

Checked HMV and discovered the new album track list. Some interesting titles! I expect something dance-ish like SA-KA-NA was.

1. The Empire of Vola

2. Thank You My Force

3. Risky the Stars

4. Magic Tantric Dancehall

5. Rough Consensus Tokutei Mondai Ni Kansuru [shuudan No Kankaku]

6. Flag

7. 80s Man

8. Hello Darkness.my New World

9. Panic in the Tokyo

10. The Beginning of the Beginning

Link here: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3864818

Atchan posted in his blog that the album cover was finished too. I guess when it gets closer to September we'll get to see it!

the beginning of the beginning, eh?

always wanted to know how that happened

i'm excited :)

bn_01.jpg

Flyer featuring the picture for the new album cover! Not at all what I would expect from them . . . now I'm even more curious about this.

:domo:

And their website has a link to something about . . . ringtones? Can anyone who knows Japanese clarify this?

http://recochoku.jp/vola

-double post bump-

You can hear samples on Japanese iTunes now. . . (or just buy them if you have a Japanese account).

This is probably their least rock-based release yet. It is so heavily drenched in trance/electro, it's not even funny. A few songs remind of songs from Sugizo's solo project (sorry best comparision I can come up with) such as "Thank You My Force." I think there are a few songs I actually see myself not liking though, but of course these are only samples. . .

Most of them sound relatively catchy and enjoyable with lots of potential, save one or two.

I think "Flag" is the absolute worst song ever written tbh. It reminds me of terrible distortion visual kei bands use, especially the vocals.

Annoying things include the autotune and the weird production going on. May be really good, but not their best.

Sign in to follow this