Masato

Relationships with Japanese Bangya

So I sometimes travel to Japan to follow my band and I bought some tickest on twitter from the usual saizen people.

At first I thought they were unfriendly and the fans were super cold (other fans had the same impression) but during my last trip they actually reserved/offered spots in saizen for me.... 🤥

I am still doubting them a lot but of course I am grateful to them, too. 

Have any of you ever experienced something like that?

I also had a band were everyone was one big family with the gyas even sharing rides with me and exchanging my tickets before the lives for better numbers etc.

I have many (maaaaaaaaaaaaany) bangya friends. Maybe its easier for me because i'm a boy.

For girls, i think its harder because bangyas are usually very jealous towards their favorite artists (a lot of them are even jealous on ME. ME!! A GUY!!)

You have to also understand that japanese people are very shy and it's not that easy to become friends with them, even not-visual kei fans, so don't think there's anything wrong about you. They're just shy. By giving you spots in saizen and stuff like that we can understand that they notice you, worry about you, but they are too shy to try a conversation (and they're also super afraid to speak english) 

But there's also some gaijin-enthusiastic people! They will come to talk to you and , be super nice and make you a lot of questions. Some girls treat me like an artist. In valentine days for example i went to a concert and went back home holding 5 big bags packed with presents  like clothes and stuff and chocolates lol

So don't worry, with time you will meet friendly people!! One hint i will give you at first is try to become friends with girls who likes a different member from you. 

Because even though they deny, maaaany of them are MM (麺被り無理 - men kaburi muri), that means they don't want to relate with people who share the same favorite member.

Good luck! :)

PS: Which bands do you follow anyway? Maybe i know someone to introduce you.

Edited by ricchubunny

I had, generally, very good experiences with gyas in Japan. I went out for a drink and a snack twice with Japanese girls I met right there, despite barely speaking Japanese and them barely speaking English. But probably I got really lucky and I was always polite and asked for permission for everything.

I went to a taiban once and a Jiluka gya offered me her saizen spot for Vrzel and discussed it with the Vrzel gyas for me. I saw the same Vrzel gyas three days later at another taiban and they even traded cheki with me and gave me a copy of one of those free magazines they were featured in, so it seems they were not offended by that. A Fixer gya talks to me on Line often still. 

I was just nice, polite and attempted conversation in Japanese with whoever seemed nice and it paid off. I guess they appreciate it when you try to talk to them in their language. I can't wait for August, so I can see some of them again and keep the good relationships alive.

I would say,

don't talk too much about your love to any Japanese fan. 

And those (麺被り無理 - men kaburi muri) girls... you better can avoid them if they actually only care for "one" bandman.  even if they fan one guy, they still can getting jealous if you getting attention from not their favorite guy. 

You know, it's alright to show them that you like "member xxx" just share your love only at gigs. Twitter/facebook. You better don't bother people too much with it. Even if you feel worried about someone, keep it private. 

Just be polite and don't argue or whatever with them. 

But after all don't worry.

You will be hated and loved. 

And after some years going you found your best friends. 

fans are often different from band to band.

some bands have pretty much jealous fans while other bands have nice fans. 

Edited by BrenGun

The band I am talking about is Lack-co. It is just such a strange atmosphere among the fans... i do speak a bit japanese and I did talk with them. 

Probably just Lack-co though... 

All other bands seemingly have warmer and nicer fans.... There I had really good experience with the gya. :) They help me get tickets, buy stuff, write messages for the band etc. 😊