Sign in to follow this  
dracolicious13

Vkei Disbandments: What is the REASON?

Vk is just a huge cover up for prostitution

Anything can be a huge cover up for prostitution as long as someone sees it as prostitution

I think the reason why so many bands break up is exactly because so many bands were formed.

I mean, these days just about anyone with a computer and basic equipment can begin to form a band. They may not necessarily be good, and if that's the case, the band naturally will disband in time.

And because of this, I think people have to do more trial & error trying to find members who can really play and/or who want to make the same kind of music. Thus more band breakups.

But yeah, it's different reasons for older bands. For bands like Kagrra, , getting tired after 10 years I think is a pretty justified reason, even though it sucks. And then I think there are (less known) bands who break up because some members are probably getting too old to keep living an alternative lifestyle and need to retire.

he didn't want to be associated with "pretty boys" he felt weren't real musicians.

Or maybe because he's ugleeeeeh XD

Kiwamu's just jealous because he's ugly TROLOLOL :llama:

Also I think bands start up and think because maybe they are good looking that they will get famous just like that and they don't that it takes hard work and alot of time.So they get frustrated and just quit.I mean look at other bands like say Gazette it took them more then a minute to get where they are and i'm sure it wasn't easy.Very rarely is there instant success.

Maybe I'm being a bit too bio fag derrrr, but this is what I've always felt:

My general thought is this: visual kei bands don't disband any more or any less than any other type of band. And there are two reasons for this:

First, I think some of us forget just what level we are looking at here. Some of the bands we idolize are literally on the same level as “my brother made a little band with his friends in the basement, lol.?? And it's just a fact that such tiny bands, who can barely be considered bands, will die off left and right because they just lose interest/discover pussy. In other genres, you might not even hear about a band's existence until they've already passed that phase.

Second, I think there's a different expectation/language in visual kei. That is, I think, moreso than other genres, we expect visual kei bands to explicitly explain their activity. Occasionally there are bands that we have no idea what their deal is, but that's the exception more than the rule. With the majority of vk bands, it's expected that they clearly state that they've disbanded or paused activities, or whatever. Meanwhile Black Death Metal Band #9 has just stopped putting out releases and we're free to assume that they're still together, but that the vocalist has been imprisoned for murdering his girlfriend or something.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's truly how I see it. If we have seen more disbandings than usual lately, I would chalk it up to increasing access to shit-level tiny bands and/or state of the music industry as a whole. But I bet that a true scientific survey would find the vk scene plodding happily along at the same disbandment (/inactivity) rate of other genres.

he didn't want to be associated with "pretty boys" he felt weren't real musicians.

Kiwamu doesn't want to deal with people who are prettier than him.

...that leaves Kiwamu very few friends.

As long as Maria Cross doesn't disband, I'll be happy.

Not sure, but, How does Maria Cross want to disband? Ripping an arm from his body or something? It's a solo-artist right?

And the whole reason for VK-disbandments?

The want to get popular, and in most cases it can only be done by disbanding, and then do a revival thingy 10 years later :)

Not sure, but, How does Maria Cross want to disband? Ripping an arm from his body or something? It's a solo-artist right?

:wink: Thank you for being the first to pick up on that.

LMAO.

LMAO.

:)

I laughed hard

Sign in to follow this