Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

J-rockers that have passed away

Let's gather everyone here, and once again say rest in peace...

Daisuke-12528.jpg

Daisuke from Kagerou and The Studs was found dead in his apartment, 15th july 2010.

shunsuke-bis-eldorado-news.jpg

Shunsuke from Eldorado and Bis was found dead on 28th of march, 2010.

R.I.P :cry:

Continue please, I know I missed many ... :cry:

This thread may be a disaster, but here are some that absolutely can't go without being remembered.

Munetaka Higuchi - passed away from liver cancer; really, really sad. He has a memorial museum in Japan in his honor now.

Kiyoshiro Iwamano - probably one of the most important men in Japanese rock, period; lost a battle with cancer, if I recall correctly

Marry (Color) - died in an accident; has a memorial show every year in his honor featuring lots of old visual kei greats performing

hide - probably not a lot more I can say, info about him is everywhere; but he was really important to visual kei

Soichiro Umemura - singer of Tokyo Yankees; cause unknown (?)

Futoshi Abe - guitarist of TMGE; also died of cancer

There's also :

- Taku from heisei isshin (2010/12/10, cause unknown)

- Shiyou from Yoidore (2004/08/25)

- Ryou from Visage (2004/10/12)

- Kazuki from Raphael (2000/10/31)

- Zill from Moran (2010/07/23)

- Utsukushi Ibitsu from Deshabillz

- Shin, who was in labial, and a staff of red list entertainment later on (2010/09/12)

- Well, Jasmine You (2009/08/09)

- Kenta from never crazy (2005/05/26)

- Kary from lady (2004/03/09)

- Taisuke from Penicillin, Deshabillz, BAISER, swallowtail (2001/07/16)

- Yuuta from La'miss fairy (2005/11/xx)

- Kami from kneulid romance, malice mizer

- Jun, who had been in Deshabillz (2006/08/xx)

Here is a list : http://www.vkdb.jp/%BB%E0%B5%EE.html There's not everyone thought, it's at least missing most of those Cibicco-san listed, and 4 others :

- Chihiro and Hiroshi from the Piass, they fell from a bridge while filming a PV (1995/10/25)

- Yoshio from the Piass, he killed himself in 1997

- Piyo from Gakido, died in an accident (2010/02/12)

That's all those I know off. Feels like high death rate in vk.

I think it would be more "interesting" to list all those who are sick, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Also, too lazy to put pics now, will edit later.

Sabu-chan .__.

I still wonder what really happened from time to time, but there's really no use is there?

I'm sorry but I still can't bring myself to say "rest in peace," he'll never really die as long as someone still remembers him.

Daisuke from Kagerou and The Studs was found dead in his apartment, 15th july 2010, probably suicide.

Huh? I've never heard of this suicide part. Who said that? Why did they say that?

Daisuke from Kagerou and The Studs was found dead in his apartment, 15th july 2010, probably suicide.

Huh? I've never heard of this suicide part. Who said that? Why did they say that?

I was under the impression that his heart gave out on him. He had a long-standing heart condition.

what i have read if anyone is interested

they were rumors for suicide

because i think i read he mixed alcohol with pain killers/drugs or something.so they don't know if it was accident or not.

i also heard he had an accident and he was in pain i don't remember in what part of his body :/

that's why the pain killers .

also the heart problems.

(i think this thread is pointless. it kinda annoys me :( )

i also heard he had an accident and he was in pain i don't remember in what part of his body :/

I read that he'd broken a rib, or several ribs. That can be pretty painful :/

I read that he'd broken a rib, or several ribs. That can be pretty painful :/

oh yes i think that was it

uggghhh D:

I thought it was his heart too

well, I'm really not convinced about the painkiller+alcohol and the suicide one. They have that same rumors going around for Sabu in 2ch, or I guess for every other person.

sigh

It might be better just to post "cause unknown" or something like that than to make a serious assertion such as suicide (with barely any basis besides people's opinions). There are many reasons it would not be disclosed why someone died, doesn't mean it was suicide.

- Chihiro and Hiroshi from the Piass, they fell from a bridge while filming a PV (1995/10/25)

What an awfull way to finish a band.

Actually, they're still good and going, even thought they've released nothing for a year and a half ^^

http://www.vkdb.jp/%C8%DE%B0%A4%E1%B4.html

As for the "daisuke controversy" going on, the official reason given is that there was a get together, so he drank alcohol with his friends, got home around 1 am, took some medicine because of late he had a hard time sleeping, but because he was wasted took too much and that's why he died.

so many deaths... this is really sad...

Not really if you consider these go back 20 years and span a massive industry in a nation of 125,000,000 people.

so many deaths... this is really sad...

Not really if you consider these go back 20 years and span a massive industry in a nation of 125,000,000 people.

The rest of the nation is immortal, though.

^ totes.

I never understand why people are so "fuck you 2010!!! and whyyyy are the jrockers dyiiiiiiiing", considering how fucking massive the industry is and the fact they're musicians. Most do drugs/drink/pills. They're mostly young. Shit happens.

Yeah, more than 100 000 people are dying everyday around the world. Me, you and everyone in your family will also die one beautiful day. But these are people we care about/like and thats why we give them special attention, if you dont care just shut the fuck up ;/

Nobody mentioned not caring... I want to know why my post was deleted/why I was "censored." Especially since people are now agreeing/discussing what was said in the first place, so...

I never understand why people are so "fuck you 2010!!! and whyyyy are the jrockers dyiiiiiiiing", considering how fucking massive the industry is and the fact they're musicians. Most do drugs/drink/pills. They're mostly young. Shit happens.

Totally agree. Some were well known for taking a hellot of drugs (like Zill), and those listed span a good 20 years, but there're probably some we don't know about.

And it's probably not that bad to have a topic on that.

As for the "massive industry" part...

well, if you take only vk in account it's no bigger than any other music scene in Japan, it just has more coverage in our countries. In order to know if they've a high death rate you'd need to make a comparison with the other music scenes and music scenes outside of Japan in countries similarly developped like Russia or the USA.

As for 2010, there were 4 or 5 vk band members who died, there was not that many in the 3/4 previous years so it's unusual for most of the fans. That's probably the reason why they're like that. I personnaly don't care that much, it's good to remember them that's why I listed all those I could find, but, I mean, people die, get over it.

I mean, people die, get over it.

no because if it is your favorite musician of course it's normal to be sad.i'll never get over it as long as i listen to his music.

but to write in a jrock forum thread aaaww the sadness let's grieve for all of them together for the musicians who died. it sounds fake. i can't explain it really

As someone already said, they're still very much alive, with only one original member left. In fact, they've gone through numerous complete line-up changes since then.

Not only did 3 members die, one of their vocalists just stopped showing up for shows and quit out of no where :P . Takayuki just isn't very lucky, but he's definitely a fighter.

Sign in to follow this