Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

LUNA SEA will hold LUNATIC FEST. 2018

The venue setup/map was revealed (just 2 stages this year) and 2 ticket sales announced: fanclub sales and a VIP ticket sale. Next announcement is on 1/31.

Since they seem ahead of schedule with announcements this year, let's hope it's going to be the first batch of artists.

I plan to go but am severely annoyed (and stressed) that I won't know who the hell is playing on whichever day I choose. (Like should I just assume that if DEG goes again this year, they'll play the first day like last year??) How could they not release the final artists list and timetable until days AFTER general sales last year??? Yes, I'm sure it takes a while to finalize with all those bands but come on.. it's a better idea to have it mostly finalized BEFORE you even announce the event. Or maybe they knew who was coming and just wanted to hype it all by letting us know at the last minute? Taking our money before we even know what we're going to get! They probably think they're being slick and getting people to just attend both days just in case but nope! 

lol sorry for this rant.

BUCK-TICK will be busy touring on both the 23/24 so I do wonder which other act they're gonna get..

I sort of expect all the same older acts but maybe some diff. newer acts, which would be nice exposure.

Edited by desertflower304

12 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

LUNACY has been announced as opening act for both days (surprise).

What does that mean exactly? That they're only performing songs from their demos "Lunacy", "Shade", "Feeling", and "Lastly"?

Edited by Mamo

@Mamo

Yeah, basically. Indies LUNA SEA will be opening act. At the last Lunatic fest. they had more make-up, black clothes etc to resemble their early days.

The setlist they had at last Lunatic fest was:

06/27

1. CHESS

2. MECHANICAL DANCE

3. SHADE

06/28

1. FATE

2. SUSPICIOUS

3. SHADE

I don't think you should expect demo tape songs tbh, but from their debut and IMAGE at least. (They did play NIGHTMARE once during their Kurofuku gentei gig back in... 2010? though). 

^ I'll never get over the Kurofuku gig

anyway, curious to see what younger bands (if any) they'll book for the festival this time.

Sign in to follow this