Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

The Soleil Thread

FoS+II.jpg

Soleil was a visual-indies record label that was around from the mid 1990's till around 1997 or '98 (not entirely sure). I don't really know a lot about this label or than it had a sub-label owned by Kisaki called Matina, which then broke off and became it's own label once Soleil closed.

I've had an interest in trying out new old bands for a while, but I haven't really gotten around to doing so mostly because I don't really know where to start. I took a leap yesterday and tried out Pyuera and really really liked them. They kind of inspired me to try out other bands from Soleil but I don't really know much about any of them :

*Top image taken from Evil-en-Lucifer.

Here's a list of bands that I think were from that label, but I'm not 100% if these are all of them:

-Agito

-Birushana

-CLeiR

-D'elsquel

-DoLLs-eyE

-Eye for You

-Facizm

-JULæY

-La'Mule

-Lakshana

-MARRY+AN+BLOOD

-MIRAGE

-Presedia

-Pyuera

-Quarry

-S

-Vasalla

-Veill

-Vierge

-VIOLET-NARCISSUS

-WITH SEXY

-Yura

The only Soleil bands I've listened to are Pyuera, MIRAGE, and like two songs of La'Mule, so I'm definitely not an expert. Oh, and I have S's disco too, but I never got around to listening to much of it...

Love the label, on the whole better than matina (except for Birushana). VIOLET-NARCISSUS, WITH SEXY, S and La'mule are my favourites.

I guess they are my 2nd favourite of the old 90s labels (after Key Party). My favourites are definetely Vasalla and MARRY+AN+BLOOD. La'Mule are cool too, but I always kinda got lost due to the size of their discography, lol.

Great label! I don't think Soleil gets the respect and appreciation it deserves (among Western fans at least). While I do like Matina, Soleil was vastly superior in my opinion and most bands it had signed where pretty solid. I love just about every band that was on that label :wub:

Hmm...I'll look into Facizm then.

Edit: Did they only have one single under that name? Also, is there a distinct difference between Facizm and Phillia, or was it just a name change?

I've also meant to try out La'Mule as well, but I don't know where to start :/ . Should I start at the beginning or is there a release that I absolutely must hear?

I've never heard of D'elsquel before I looked at the Soleil tag on last.fm . Who are they similar to?

K3p4QqQDTG4

He certainly sounded different before 9GOATS.

If by different you mean better, then I have to agree with you.

Gotta disagree with both of you.

He certainly sounded different before 9GOATS.
He sounds the same to me; don't hear much of a difference? Then again the mic volume was ridiculously low to begin with.
Hah, no. Please explain to me, without using GIFs and bringing up the "It's my opinion"-clause, how you can tolerate this and not 9GBO? And don't think I'm all, "U MUST LISTENZ 2 9GB0 BCUZ DEY DA BEST!" I legitimately want to know why you choose the former over the latter.

Gotta disagree with both of you.
Hah, no. Please explain to me, without using GIFs and bringing up the "It's my opinion"-clause, how you can tolerate this and not 9GBO? And don't think I'm all, "U MUST LISTENZ 2 9GB0 BCUZ DEY DA BEST!" I legitimately want to know why you choose the former over the latter.

Uhm because I completely dislike 9GBO? It bores me, unlike with D'elsquel which I find their music tolerable and good to begin with. Not implying his voice is bad though, but I prefer it in D'elsquel. But then again you're 9GBO biased so you're obviously not going to agree with me, and then some butthurt 9GBO stan is going to butt in our conversation saying "HERP DEY'RE BETTER THAN VERSAILLES HERP."

insertsmokingcigar.gif

I love you tho BB

I've only heard that one song, so I can't make a complete judgment on which band is "better." However, I'm not entirely a huge fan of melancholy music so that's why I would more than likely prefer the old to the new. There is also the possibility that the rest of D'elsquel's music could end up being uninteresting to me: without listening to everything I can't make an accurate comparison. Obviously I'm not a "listen to one song for 10 seconds: able to tell that everything they've ever made is complete shit and the harder they try, the more they hurt those closest to them" person.

Better is completely subjective anyway and you can argue that nothing is better than anything else for countless reasons.

Uhm because I completely dislike 9GBO? It bores me, unlike with D'elsquel which I find their music tolerable and good to begin with. Not implying his voice is bad though, but I prefer it in D'elsquel. But then again you're 9GBO biased so you're obviously not going to agree with me, and then some butthurt 9GBO stan is going to butt in our conversation saying "HERP DEY'RE BETTER THAN VERSAILLES HERP."

I love you tho BB

I wouldn't say I'm "9GBO-biased", because then that's all I'd listen to, but yes I am in fact inclined to choose music that is much more similar to 9GBO's than that of a talentless, autotune-abused girl. And what's so different about his voice in D'elsquel compared to the state that his voice is in now? Wow he reaches higher notes in D'el, this doesn't in anyway make it different though? I think it's more or less the music that's being played that attracts you to D'el and not 9GBO. As you said, "It bores me," so it's much more clear to me now that you don't take a liking this sort of music. I thought you were just hating the band to troll, considering many of TW's user's enjoy their music.

Anyway, still love you too BB :hug:

Hmm...I'll look into Facizm then.

Edit: Did they only have one single under that name? Also, is there a distinct difference between Facizm and Phillia, or was it just a name change?

I've also meant to try out La'Mule as well, but I don't know where to start :/ . Should I start at the beginning or is there a release that I absolutely must hear?

No Philia is pretty much Facizm with 2 guitarists.

And they released some more I think, but every release is pretty cool. Wing is my fave song by Facizm probably.

I love Soleil, they were my first introduction to what we call old-school visual kei. WITH SEXY and Vasalla are definately my top favorites, but I also really enjoy Pyuera(Camera obscura's melody is just...amazing!), eye for you, CleiR<3. As a whole, Soleil was great. You forgot a couple bands that had switched over for an album or something, like Julaey, who are really one of my favorites as well. OASIS is a classic album

I love Soleil, they were my first introduction to what we call old-school visual kei. WITH SEXY and Vasalla are definately my top favorites, but I also really enjoy Pyuera(Camera obscura's melody is just...amazing!), eye for you, CleiR<3. As a whole, Soleil was great. You forgot a couple bands that had switched over for an album or something, like Julaey, who are really one of my favorites as well. OASIS is a classic album

btw to clear the air, I'm pretty sure Oasis wasnt produced by Soleil, , but just saying they were a great band/connected band to the label as well.

Sign in to follow this