fitear1590

ねごと (NEGOTO)

nameless+1.png

NEGOTO (Sleep-talking) is a Japanese pop/rock band that made their major debut in 2010 under Ki/oon Records.

NEGOTO was formed in 2006 by Aoyama Sachiko, Masuda Mizuki, and Sawamura Sayako while all three were in the summer of their first year of high school. In August 2007, Masuda withdrew from the band, only to rejoin two months later in October.

She also recruited her childhood friend Fujisaki Yu, and NEGOTO became a four-member band. The following year on January 4, 2008, the band held their first live performance.

In August 2008, NEGOTO participated in Sony Music and TOKYO FM's SCHOOL OF LOCK! joint contest Senkou Riot, a music competition and festival for teenagers. They performed their original song "Loop" to an audience of 6,000 people and also won the Judge's Special Prize. On September 29, 2010, NEGOTO made their major debut under the Sony sublabel Ki/oon Records with the mini-album Hello! "Z".

Members
Vo&Key 蒼山幸子 Sachiko Aoyama
Dr&Cho 澤村小夜子 Sayako Sawamura
B&Cho 藤咲佑 Yu Fujisaki
G&Cho 沙田瑞紀 Mizuki Masuda

Official Website
Last.fm

Anyone here also like NEGOTO? ?They have to be one of my absolute favorite Japanese bands. ?Their combination of indie rock tendencies with mainstream accessibility is very commendable! ?This is piano/synth pop-rock awesomeness! ?Don't let the girls' age fool you (they JUST graduated college in 2013), because these ladies are extremely talented. ?Their first album "ex Negoto" is my favorite release so far!

Here's a few of my favorite PVs. ?While all are visually stunning, they also serve as a good "intro" to the band, if you're looking to try them out!

カロン (Charon)
メルシールー (Merci lou)
sharp ♯
Re:myend!?
greatwall
シンクロマニカ?(Synchro Manica)

Surprised to see a topic about them. =3 I posted their mini album on the boards but there weren't many takers. I thought it was a really good release though. They aren't re-inventing the wheel but their stuff is SOLID ;D I didn't know they were releasing a single march but I look forward to it indeed.

I haven't tried these girls yet. I've only watched their PV for "loop", which wasn't bad. Not that it matters, but besides the vocalist, these girls are a homely bunch. ^^;;

Whenever I check out the mini, I'll let you know what I think...

^ lol, I don't know about all that. xD

The new song is actually a lot better than I expected! They have a really nice indie-tinged sound...reminds me of early SFP, mecha-nero, and early plingmin! Good stuff...now I REALLY have to try their album....which I've forgotten about. xD

WtelKJYV4zg

(in case anyone else hasn't seen it)

Yeah, I'm really liking it as well! The vocals, the keyboards, the drumming... everything is working here.
Great song. I'm-a gonna buy this single!

Apparently they've already got two more releases planned!

Concept Single「メルシールーe.p.」

¥1,260

Tracklist:

1. メルシールー

2. ビーサイド

3. ランデブー

4. カロン (中島真一 from SEKAI NO OWARI remix)

AND

1st Full Album「ex Negoto」

¥3,059

Includes 12 tracks

Gah, I haven't even been able to listen to my copy of Charon yet! But excited!

Here's a live version of their single from last month, メルシールー.

d7kzU4Y9kH8

Also, I found this interesting. SEKAI NO OWARI's guitarist did a "remix" of their previous single Charon (This is actually track #4 on that メルシールー single). The style's a bit softer, but it's still a great song.

NrfEUiPucb8

And here's the tracklist for their album which comes out tomorrow, "ex Negoto"

negotoexnegoto.jpg

1. サイダーの海

2. ループ

3. カロン

4. ビーサイド

5. メルシールー

6. ふわりのこと

7. 七夕

8. week...end

9. 季節

10. AO

11. 揺れる (apparently, this song is being used for a drama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQE187gCXuM)

12. インストゥルメンタル (here's a live version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKi36AV-dBg)

As you can see, their previous singles are on there (and the b-side "ビーサイド"), but otherwise it's new songs! I'm so excited to listen to this album. I've been more and more impressed with them, with each release. We'll see, but I'm thinking this will be a great release for the "The Non-visual Promotion Thread," hint hint! :cookie:

Wow, youtube does not like Negoto, haha. It seems almost all of the videos I linked have been removed for copyright reasons.

In other news, my friend Byudie informed me that Negoto will be providing a new opening song to Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, entitled "sharp ♯". I haven't found any previews yet, but I'll be on the lookout.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I'M A FAN! :D

sharp # is an upcoming single for April. And I'm too excited for that!

And here's the details from negoto news:

2ndシングル「sharp ♯」発売決定!(2012/1/25)

今週末1/29(日)からMBS・TBS系「機動戦士ガンダムAGE」アセム編の

オープニングテーマとして起用される新曲「sharp ♯」が2ndシングル

としてリリースされることが決定しました!商品詳細は以下の通りです。

2nd Single「sharp ♯」

発売日:2012/4/4

■通常盤 <-- regular edition

品番:KSCL-2000

価格:¥1,260(tax in)

<収録内容>

1. sharp ♯

2. drop

3. Tonight(The Cribsカヴァー)

※初回仕様アリ(カラートレイ&メンバーデザインメッセージ4種ランダム封入)

■期間生産限定盤(ガンダムAGE仕様)<-- limited edition with gundam age featured art

品番:KSCL-2001

価格:¥1,365(tax in)

<収録内容>

1. sharp ♯

2. カロン

3. sharp ♯ tofubeats remix

4. sharp ♯ TV size

5.sharp ♯ Inst.

Thanks for YOUR update, d00d!

I'll be picking up the regular edition, since the limited edition seems to have mainly filler stuff in the tracklist/ i don't care about Gundam, haha.

I know it's made for fans of the anime, but that limited edition is such a waste with Charon.

Looking forward to the regular edition!

negoto_asya_0215_2.jpg

album art (regular edition):

jk.jpg

Here's the Gundam opening and a live performance of "sharp"

9tgs7Vi-bhY

DIUaMRm6ifA

EDIT: Dammit, the live performance was removed within one day. Insane.

NEGOTO is providing the theme song (entitled "Re:myend!") for the new CG movie "放課後ミッドナイターズ" (After School Midnighters).

You can hear a bit of it in the background of this trailer:

MMqAGkwkUp4

It looks pretty bizarre...

By the way, anyone hear the "sharp♯" single yet? I think my favorite track is one of the b-sides, "drop".

negoto has a new single coming out next month!

61rxjvmyM3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lightdentity/Re:myend!

Limited Edition (CD+DVD): 1575yen

Regular Edition (CD only): 1260yen

CD

1. Lightdentity

2. Re:myend!

3. 彷徨

live DVD

季節

メルシールー

sharp ♯

I'm definitely picking up the limited edition!

Well, here it is finally.  The live DVD to the limited edition of the Lightdentity/Re:myend! single:

Since I know how quickly their stuff gets removed from youtube, I made the video unlisted and gave it a very generic title, haha.

Tracklist
1. 季節 (kisetsu)

2. メルシールー (merci lou)

3. sharp ♯

Enjoy!

On another note, has anyone checked out their 2nd album "5"?  What did you think of it?
I ordered the limited edition and it came in some "unique" packaging:
Negoto5_zpsd859221e.jpg

wow, the packaging is very unique! :D

also, I have their live that broadcasted in japanese TV, http://i.imgur.com/UjkvZFH.jpg

LIVE at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL on December 16, 2012

SETLIST
01. Instrumental
02. greatwall
03. drop 
04. Merushiiruu
05. NO
06. Charon
07. nameless
08. Loop
09. sharp ♯
10. Tashika na Uta