Sign in to follow this  
Guest o hai itz will

The Beatles (aka the best band ever)

greatest band of all time, legends, etc.

where's the love?

I like them.

They have a bunch of evergreen songs.

Legends for sure. But i won't call them greatest band of all time yet.

plus total pawnage by Michael Jackson who bought their song catalouges,

though it's not M.J's anymore, since he already sold the rights to Sony Music now,

Still it makes The Beatles not that smart as artists to secure their own assets LOL

Even if Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono or any of the Beatles brain trust is able to get the catalog back under their control,

this Jackson maneuver will never be forgotten.

I wasn't hating, just merely coughing~ . "Octopus' Garden" has always had a special place in my heart. I know 20835924591959219035092 people love their music as if they've invented music itself, but I'm really not a huge fan. I am, however, tired of seeing them plastered all over iTunes. You'd think that everyone who loved their music would already have their albums from their family or just by going out and buying them since they couldn't buy them on iTunes for forever. I honestly don't think they're going to sell as much as they plan to.

they're getting too much anthology album already.

And all contains same old songs. But somehow it still sold. I guess there's always excuse to buy CD's or Boxsets from your favourite artists :/

anyway, my fave songs by them are hard day's night, if i fell (awesome harmonization), strawberry fields forever and across the universe.

I like them.

They have a bunch of evergreen songs.

Legends for sure. But i won't call them greatest band of all time yet.

plus total pawnage by Michael Jackson who bought their song catalouges,

though it's not M.J's anymore, since he already sold the rights to Sony Music now,

Still it makes The Beatles not that smart as artists to secure their own assets LOL

Even if Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono or any of the Beatles brain trust is able to get the catalog back under their control,

this Jackson maneuver will never be forgotten.

that's mainly because McCartney and Jackson were close friends, and McCartney was shit poor so he had to sell the beatles catalog to someone to get some money. He sold it to Jackson and then McCartney got some money and wanted to buy it back, but Jackson for some reason refused. The music rights when to his mother, and then somehow back into the possession of McCartney? I don't know it's pretty shady.

I used to have a huge Beatles phase when I was around 18/19, when I bought most of their post-Help! albums. Can't say I listen to them regularly anymore, but songs like "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (my fave song!), "Sexy Sadie" and "Octopus's Garden" still make it onto my playlists once in a while.

While my guitar gently weeps qualifies for one of their best song, masterpiece!

But yea definitely one of the best bands ever. Grew up with em and always loved em.

a great band indeed. but the best band? i don't know... it all depends on your taste of music... i like them a lot (yeah, A LOT!) but they're not the best band imo.

While my guitar gently weeps qualifies for one of their best song, masterpiece!

But yea definitely one of the best bands ever. Grew up with em and always loved em.

you definetely wrote what i was thinking!

my dad is listening to music from the 60's, so i grew up with music like the rolling stones or the beatles. and even i'm always getting confronted with so much awesome music in the century we're living in now, i'll always love the beatles.

sometimes i also wish that i can travel through time to attend a concert ( even there were so many fangirls ^^" )

Sign in to follow this