Sign in to follow this  
ficsci

Live DVDs

Talk about interesting ones, favorite ones, hated ones, etc

Not limited to just jrock

I honestly haven't watched a ton but my favorites are

Fatima - To Exit Grand Finale

This really turned me into a Fatima fan. Their actual music performance isn't that great (in fact it's quite... messy ^^;) but that's exactly what I found appealing. Epic mosh pits, fun & hilarious episodes, and so much energy *___* I think they did everything that can make an "underground" band so lovable.

Merry - Live at Shinjuku Loft

Holy crap. Putting that many Merry fans and the band itself under that low ceiling is just... awesome!! O__O If I ever get to see Merry, I want to be in that kind of venue. It makes them sound even more punk rock that they already are.

the studs - 20090807 LIQUIDROOM

I just have to put this out there, because I'm not exactly a fan of the studs, but their energy really impressed me. (And Plastic Tree's Buchi was drumming for them, except he wasn't shown because he only played support, lol ^^;). I have to be honest the fun part starts when they started doing the fast songs consecutively in the later half of the DVD. Maybe it's just because I hadn't listened/watched much of Kagerou, but after watching this, I understood why people love Daisuke so much.

Plastic Tree - Kuro Tent 2

Plastic Tree has put out a lot of DVDs, and I think they have gotten better at certain things since then, but I think this one is still the best (with Zero coming second). Ryuutaro's voice was flawless. They did so many encores. And this was also taken at my favorite Plastic Tree era.

Merry - Live at Shinjuku Loft

Holy crap. Putting that many Merry fans and the band itself under that low ceiling is just... awesome!! O__O If I ever get to see Merry, I want to be in that kind of venue. It makes them sound even more punk rock that they already are.

THIS. Also, their SCI-FI nuChemical Rhetoric -first cut- live DVD is pretty sweet too. So much energy!

MALICE MIZER - sans retour Voyage "derniere" -encore un fois-

I just...don't know. I love and hate this one equally. :lol: I love it because it captures my favourite MM era, the songs and the performances/skits are amazing, the atmosphere is awesome, BUT. It's just a damn 30-minute digest footage. Also, this has gotta be one of the worst-edited videos I've ever seen, terribly butchered songs and some really trippy (not always in a ncie way, lol) visual effects. Sooo...I really don't know what to think of this one. xD

The White Stripes - Under Blackpool Lights

I love them, they give kickass shows (as evidenced here), full of energy, musical wit, and showmanship. They really rock out! The video editor gets a major thumbs-up too, the grainy/warm picture quality is really killer (kinda like something from the '70s but cooler).

Other notable mentions (favourites of mine):

- BOOWY - LAST GIGS

- BUCK-TICK - sabbat

- BUCK-TICK - Devil & Freud Climax Together 2004

- Kishidan - Banpaku 2003 Kisarazu Global Communication!!

- LUNA SEA - Mafuyu no yagai

I really enjoyed Girugamesh' CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY, Alice Nine's Untitled Vandalism and the GazettE's RCE DVD

i still enjoyed 5 Ugly Kingdom by DeG.

It was just perfect, from the intro to the back stage footages.

Lynch.'s live DVDs, both of them.

It just so riotic.

Madonna - Drowned World Tour.

Everything just excellent in this DVD,

songs, choreography, all just so entertaining.

Michael.Jackson - Live In Bucharest

His top performance. Great set list. Great everything.

He's the king, still is.

This Is It should've been great one too, if only :(

Spice Girls - Spice World Tour: Live at Wembley

this is for the sheer memories of my youth.

I liked their Live In Istanbul video too.

But with this one, there's more stories.

I remember i was having a heartache when watching it because this is the first concert that they had without Ginger Spice. Just felt so odd without a chubby red head wearing the infamous yet seductive Union Jack dress on stage.

Where Mel.C was still doing that backhand spring.

And Vic was having Brooklyn inside her womb,

also Mel.B was just married with that bastard Jimmy Gulzar. This live for me shows so many changes in their life. Which makes them growing wiser. But they aced it well. And the last song is so climatic.

Also it was their last show held in that venue before the old Wembley Stadium closed in 2000. A part of history that.

some great dvd performances:

10.17.09 by Have Heart -- an American Hardcore band playing their last show. The show was packed and the energy was unrivaled. I have never seen anything like it. The vocalist doesn't sing much, but that is expected in the hardcore scene. Phenomenal.

UROBOROS -With the Proof In Name of Living- by Dir en grey -- a great dvd that shows Dir en grey at heights they've never reached before, but a little too clean for my taste. But with that said, the setlists of both nights are phenomenal!

Oh gosh, MALICE MIZER's 薔薇??彩られ??悪????悲劇??幕開?? is my absolute favorite live video, one of the few that I can watch completely in a single setting. I think I'm a minority in this, but that was my favorite period musically, so I love all the songs. Plus, the drama is like 100% what I wish all VK was. Absolutely brilliant!

As for pop... I really want to see Lady Gaga live DVD!! I thought one was supposed to be released, but guess not!

Can someone romaji that for me? I'm on a computer that makes all them foreign Japanese letters a bunch of squares T___T But if it's the same MM live I'm thinking of Bara ni Irodorareta Akui to Higeki no Makuake is probably my favourite. Please understand that I was heavily turned off by Malice Mizer at the time and when I was introduced to this live it changed my mind about the band completely. I was in awww watching it :-) Prior to that my friends where showing me the poppy Gackt songs and telling me that was Japanese metal and being the elitist metal jerk that I was I laughed at them until I saw this. It took awhile for me to open up to the other eras but this live from this era is my favourite MM era.

I'm not much of a DVD/live person to be honest. I get bored and just try to skip to the songs that I like :P Usually I just want to hear what the song I like sounds like live not so interested in the video itself.

Merry dvds, no matter wich one, they all rock=p Gara is so amazing live

X-Japan - Last Live => one of the best lives ever

Gackt - Diabolos=>one of the best shows ever

Dir en grey - Uroboros at budokan, just love the brutality there

Maximum the Hormone - Deco vs Deco=>they are at their best live

The GazettE - Repeated Countless Errors=>love ruki's voice (the screams etc.)

Deluhi - Live:Blitzkrieg=>Sujks drumming and Leda on guitar, damn so awsome!

probb forgott a lot, i love live dvds

cant wait for the one ok rock one=D and the new despa!!

Gackt - Diabolos=>one of the best shows ever

Maximum the Hormone - Deco vs Deco=>they are at their best live

Oh yeah, these are awesome too!!! :D

Sign in to follow this