Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Willow Smith

Im actually surprised i like this song. She has talent really and can sing much manlier than Beiber :spin:

Knowing that she's only 10 years old and Bieber's supposed to be 16? :P haha. Nah, I like Willow a lot more than I like Bieber. Don't really know why though.

the best part of the song for me was when she said "O.K (x4)" in a badass way.

that's so catchy!

i feel like to dust off my shirt and pop my collar everytime i heard that part xD

the best part of the song for me was when she said "O.K (x4)" in a badass way.

that's so catchy!

i feel like to dust off my shirt and pop my collar everytime i heard that part xD

We be going all nigga now!

Come my homies and dance with me!

she's nothing but the american and female answer to Justin Bieber. this needs to stop

how is she the answer to justin bieber? If she got a loyal following of paedophiles, I'd start to worry.

oh i guess when one kid makes it big then all of a sudden a separate record label signing another young kid with talent is no coincidence.

Oh and i guess there's also no correlation between Lady GaGa and Ke$ha , The Beatles and the Monkees, and so many others right?

Right???

...no.

labels maybe try to put up with that.

But no, every other artists have their own market.

Gaga and Ke$ha is not the same, music may sounds similiar but actually it's not. It's like comparing Madonna and Cyndi Lauper, or The Moffats with Hanson, or Spice Girl with All Saints, would you say they're the same? No they're not.

To make this kind of statement is like saying every other VK acts today just following DeG steps by having a little bit of "growls" and dark themes moving from happy go lucky music that were dominant in earlier VK which is LOL worthy.

Mosts artists, yes, do have their own markets that they're attempting to target. Lady GaGa and Ke$ha are doing their own thing, but Ke$ha's only rise to fame was because she embodies an attitude that took off with Lady GaGa.

The comparisons with Willow Smith and Justin Bieber are no different. Both have been marketed as young kids with talent, both are being used to target a very young audience, and both are being backed by major labels. Sure they are doing their own thing musically, but their purpose is the same, and Willow's purpose is a record labels answer to Bieber. This is not news. Record labels do this ALLLL THE TIMEEEEEEEEE. Here's a few examples:

the Beatles: The Beatles proved to be the biggest thing in the british invasion, so what do labels do? Scramble to sign British bands that have a similar sound (and american bands) and similar make-up. Examples are: The Monkees, The Zombies, and so many others

Nirvana: Nirvana was the biggest thing in the early 90's. Once they hit mainstream, they were seen as this huge and phenomenal band that took the world out of the 80's and shitty hair metal stage. Their sound was raw, powerful, and honest. So what happened? Competing labels SCRAMBLED to sign others. Some Examples are: Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nickelback, Bush, etc.

Sex Pistols (but more primarily, the punk movement): Though the Sex Pistols are not a legitimate punk band, they embodies the attitude that would soon drive the "punk" genre into the mainstream. So what did labels do? Sign a shit ton of bands that were expected to sell. List of bands? Every band that came after the Sex Pistols.

Green Day: Though I absolutely hate green day, they drove other labels to sign bands like them. Such as Blink 182.

So it is fact that labels will sign people just for profitability. And when one label is doing something trendy, others will follow. Music is a business, and it's no different from products or foods or anything of that caliber.

This is slightly off-topic, but what makes you say that the Sex Pistols are not a "legitimate" punk band? Just curious.

This is slightly off-topic, but what makes you say that the Sex Pistols are not a "legitimate" punk band? Just curious.

Because Kyosama invented punk in 1997.

21st Century Girl is actually a damn nice and catchy song. Belive it or not, but I enjoy the fuck out of it. My god, what is happening?

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out it's possible to delete posts here. I must be blind! What the fuck?

lol beware there, this music is contagious, too :mrgreen:

and yea,the delete post thing only works for the latest post only,

if another post is made after yours during your editing then you can't do it yourself anymore.

Sign in to follow this