Sign in to follow this  
ginHigure

IS LIFE REALLY HARD?

Like the tittle says.

Mom told me an interesting story of a book she finished reading last week. Yeah, my mom is a bookworm and likes to read a lot.

STORY:

The story is about about a Nepalese 13 year old girl who was sold to prostitution by her step dad. She was taken to India where she thought she was gonna work hard for her mother and 3 year old brother, so they could have food and have tin for their roof because it meant that their family was better economically than others. She was asked to pleasure men, but she refused and was locked away in her room for 8 days without food by the owner of the prostitution place. Then one day the owner drugged and let men have their way with her and get the money she paid for the 13 year old girl. She didn't know what was really going on and called the place the "HAPPY HOME". Though the girl was not dumb nor illiterate at all. Back home she was the top student in her class and was very smart. Later on she met a little boy who taught her the language. Everyday he would teach her quietly without the owner noticing, because if she found out she would beat both of them. She kept a notebook the little boy had given her and she wrote everyday about her life. She never tried to escape because the owner had told her that if she did she would find her and kill her. The owner didn't want them to use condom because she wanted her customers to be pleasured to the fullest and pay more. The 13 year old girl did not get paid because she was unexperienced.Later on she met a boy from her country and he would give her free tea for her to drink every time they got together.One day an American was her customer but instead he asked her questions;like where was she from, how old was she and if she was being kept against her will. She did not answer him because the elder prostitutes had told her that those foreigners would humiliate her and do bad things to them. Tho the man left a card for her if she wanted to contact him. Weeks went by and the it was the young boys birthday and she made a ball for him from her old clothes she had when she had first arrived. Then the little boy's mother(one of the prostitutes) got sick and was thrown out by the owner.One day the boy who sold tea told her he was going to leave to different location to a different job. The girl gave him the American's card. The boy understood. And she counted the days since the boy had left since she was all alone. 20 days later she had given up hope. A month later there was a big commotion outside and all the prostitutes where hiding, some where dragging the girl to her to hide with them, but she refused. Instead she grabbed her little bag and left. The police had arrived with the American. Her last entry was: Im fourteen now..."

Very sad story indeed and it was recent since the book came out last year.

Sometimes stories like these make me appreciate life more.

What you guys think?

PS. - sorry for long story. >__<;

life is not hard if one how to appreciate their life and count their blessings. Even in the most toughest moments. The thick and thin of life is something that makes life worth living. The art of life, how to be a survivor.

My Dad always taught me that everyone have their own fortune. Doesn't matter how hard we tried, if something doesn't meant for us, it won't come for us.

And vice versa. Even with the slightest efforts, if something really belong for us, it will be ours.

Just like old sayings, neighbor's lawn will always look greener. So it's no use to be envious with someone or too eager to get something that turn ourselves into obsessive monster. A mountain will not gonna run away even if we chase it down.

And i believe with his words.

I always appreciate older people's advices,

not because they are always right, but

because they have more fail experiences.

Especially advice from my own parent,

though sometimes there's some that i disagree with,

but he only want me to be good, no parents that will thrown their own kids into deep abbys.

The story above are very moving.

But that's happen everywhere if we want to go out of our comfort zone and look around. Even in the U.S.A.

There's still illiterate peoples here too. And people that had to work twice harder any anybody else just to make ends meet.

Some prostitutes doing it because they choose this way though. When i visited Pattaya two years ago, i went to a district called 'Boys Town' and i just can see gay brothels all through the alley. I went into some of them.

And it's very saddening views inside.

These teenage boys just wearing thin briefs standing behind a glass in front of us, the guests just like fish in an aquarium. And inside there was very cold, even for me that wearing thick clothes. I don't know how they can survive with just a mere loincloth!

Anyway, long story short i rent one boy to be someone to talk with. And he was nick named Bee, came from Issan (it's one of poorest district in Thailand) and was promoted by a pimp to be a money boy.

It was a choice, he can always refuse it he said.

But he didn't. Because he says he hates farming and he wanna have easy money. And living a life like peoples he seen on television. Big cars, big house, latest gadgets and all that. So he went to bigger city which happen to be Pattaya with this pimp. He is straight, but he becoming a prostitute for gays just for the money.

He already did the job for 3 years at that time and thanks to unsafe sex was infected by HIV.

He know life maybe not gonnabe long for him,

but he said to us, me and my late bf, he is happy because he can help his parents and siblings have better social class back in Issan by fooling some dirty old Western men's wallet.

And that's enough for him.

I got very sad that i had to leave right after that.

But i got precious lesson. And help me to not whine so much. My life's hard and my job maybe so burdensome.

But somewhere out there, there's peoples that have harder life and so i shouldn't waste mine.

hiv aids has becoming a very serious case and it is increasingly here my country lately. I read about money boy too.Helping parents with the kind of prostitute work isn't gonna last long.That kind of easy work,parents won't appreciate because those money earned worked in prostitution are dirty. People who worked as prostitute are just idiot and think of shortcuts to earn money.Not to mention robberies etc. Infected people with hiv aids has meaningless life.. Don't know why even they would risk their life just for the sake of being filthy rich fast.very small minded. :arg:

well I got to agree LIFE IS HARD actually to me. I'm not a rich born kid.I used to be in a poverty situations when I was a kid.won't mention because you know what it feels like to study without light at night,no vehicle to go to school,not enough food to eat(starving most of the time). but life changed when my siblings had worked and help the family throughout their education.

what i can say is,having strong education is the most powerful thing ever. well it is proven.. :D

My Dad always taught me that everyone have their own fortune. Doesn't matter how hard we tried, if something doesn't meant for us, it won't come for us.

And vice versa. Even with the slightest efforts, if something really belong for us, it will be ours.

This is so true.

That book was required reading for my English class last year. It was pretty graphic and tough to get through, but it was really good overall. It made me appreciate A LOT that I live in a culture that (for the most part) sees women and children as human beings and not someone's property or commodities.

I can't say my life has been hard, even though my emotions may want me to think that sometimes. Even when my families were a very low point, we always lived decently well.

Sign in to follow this