Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

Drummer Chargeee (Marty Friedman band)

Can anyone tell me more about Marty Friedman's drummer Chargeee? This dude is a trip and then some. He looks like a bleach blonde Tommy Lee and plays like him. His facial expressions alone are a riot. Watch the faces he makes with Marty after the bass solo. And then he plays like a beast. he's become my favorite Japanese drummer but I only know him through Marty's band.

Here he is in action with Kiyoshi during her bass solo before they launch into "Ashes to Ashes," which is the high point of the show IMO.

Doesn't CHARGEEEEEE play for like 5000 bands? I can only assume it's the same guy given the name lol (I can't watch the video to confirm rn)

Personally I know him through SPEECIES. Seeing him drum gives me life :')

Edited by anakuro

Chargeeeeee is love, Chargeeeeee is life. <3

Had the pleasure of seeing him drum both for ZIZ  and SPEECIES (his current full-time bands, tho I think he's only officially a member of ZIZ). Amazing dude.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Oh shit. I didn't know Chargeee was still around, the last I heard of him, he was in Omega Dripp.  But that was like 8 years ago.  I used to have a picture of him getting dry humped by KoREDS from Aura.  XD  I can't remember how I got that picture, but I want to say Chargeee sent it to me.

From what I remember, Chargeee is a HUGE fan of Motley Crue and idolized Tommy Lee.  I know Chargeee was also influenced by Hanoi Rocks, WASP, LA Guns, and Pretty Boy Floyd.  I used to email him back when I was into Omega Dripp to talk about '80s hair bands and how cool it was that he was also into them.  He was a blast to chat with.

i know him for the brief period that he supported femme fatale, and while (pretty much) everyone hated his...uh...very forward drumming for the band...i loved it. he's cool.

Edited by emmny

i saw him with femme fatale also. he seemed pretty cool, his personality on stage was funny.

Sign in to follow this