Sign in to follow this  
IGM_Oficial

[Solved] About some Kalimero releases

It might be a dumb question, but ok.

So, I decided to look after their discography and ended up with this situation.

It says on their website that these singles have the same title ("Aoi tori/Niji no machibito") and the same songs ("Aoi tori" and "Niji no machibito"), but different titles and covers.

"Aoi tori"

aoitori.gif

"Niji no machibito"

niji.gif

So I decided to see the profile on PureSound's website (the obi reads "Aoi tori/Niji no machibito") and the Visunavi news (it says "Aoi tori/Niji no machibito" too) for the blue cover single, and it confirms the title and the tracklist shown on their website.

Since I couldn't find more info than that (there aren't photos of the CDs, where I could see the tracklist on the back cover), I'd like to know if the tracklist for the yellow cover single is really the same ("Niji no machibito" is on it, obviously, durr). If so: are the songs on the same order of the blue cover single? If so again, could it be a second press with another title and cover (wtf)?

If someone have these singles, please, share photos of it.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

Looks like it's a double-A-side single,  so correct title (of the single) is 蒼い鳥/虹の待ち人. The cover art has two sides: front is the blue one (蒼い鳥), back is the yellow one (虹の待ち人).

PEGiVAxl.jpg

nAwfSgAl.jpg

☝ Here's a picture of the unopened package from an auction. You can see some of the yellow cover through the back.

Edit to make sure there's no confusion: there's only one single. No second press or alternate version; just one single with two covers.

Edited by inartistic

On 29/09/2016 at 10:55 AM, nostalgia said:

I may not be able to answer your question, but I'm just curious if their OHP is still even active (from what you're talking about.)

No, it's not, but it's archived.

On 29/09/2016 at 11:20 AM, inartistic said:

Looks like it's a double-A-side single, so correct title (of the single) is 蒼い鳥/虹の待ち人.

This is what I suspected all this time.

On 29/09/2016 at 11:20 AM, inartistic said:

The cover art has two sides: front is the blue one (蒼い鳥), back is the yellow one (虹の待ち人).

PEGiVAxl.jpg

nAwfSgAl.jpg

☝ Here's a picture of the unopened package from an auction. You can see some of the yellow cover through the back.

Edit to make sure there's no confusion: there's only one single. No second press or alternate version; just one single with two covers.

THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE PHOTO. So, after all, it's a double-A-side and double-cover single which wasn't repressed nor had an alternate version.

Additionally, the idea of a double cover for a double-A-side single is really clever.

On 29/09/2016 at 0:50 PM, WhirlingBlack said:

I own this CD and I can confirm what was just posted by inartistic.

Thanks.