Sign in to follow this  
Mihenno

Rides in ReVellion

1 hour ago, The Reverend said:

Based on his facial expressions I think this may have been the best day of the drummer's life haha.

LMFAO. Ame was just like :DDD :))) :DDD :))) :DDDDDDDD the entire time, I loved it. The numerous times he flipped his drumstick and dropped it was very cute.

This was one of the best concerts I've been to. They were so good! I remember leaving with a sense of fulfillment because this trip to see them was worth every blow to my bank account. <3

They were better in concert than the GazettE were when I flew to New York to see them.  I didn't make it to any of their panels, but I heard people talking about them in passing and it seemed like they were well received. I loved the casual interactions they had with con-goers/fans as they roamed around the convention. I met Taji when I finally found the VStar table and then later saw Kuro, Ame, and Suuu by the escalators and they were all very nice and awesome. 

Everyone who was with VStar were very nice and helpful despite my constant questions. There was one girl in particular (who's name I never got) that was very patient and friendly. I somehow lost both of my photo passes and had a meltdown about it but then I found her in the artist alley area and told her what happened and  she assured me it was okay because they recorded everyone's names down (which was a superb idea for dumbasses like me who lost their passes). So thank you, girl-who's-name-I-dont-know and thank you @Suuufor you and your team brining RiR to the states!!!

Edited by Mihi

21 hours ago, The Reverend said:

So who all went to see RiR at AnimeUSA Saturday? What did you guys think??

Some highlights for me:

- Pro stage/sound. I'd never been to a show at an anime convention and was worried they'd end up playing under fluorescent lights without proper mixing.... thankfully not the case. (the giant screens on either side of the stage playing videos/the stage definitely added legitimacy)

- The crowd flipping the eff out when RiR played a cover of 残酷な天使のテーゼ / Cruel Angel's Thesis from Evangelion (fun that the boys gave a nod to the crowd they were playing in front of with an anime theme)

- Kuro's introduction of the rest of the band (esp: "quiet... fuck you!" and "very very very very very arrogant guitarist Taji")

I saw four people wandering around with V-Star shirts on.... Was our friend @Suuuthe one rocking sunglasses in the club/taking the band/crowd photo at the end?? ;)

the sound and light guys worked very hard to make the set up perfect, it took some time, but in the end we were able to get the perfect sound and lighting thanks to their hard work.

that was a good decision on the half of the boys, they wanted to play something that even people not fans of their would recognize and enjoy.

KuRo tried his best with English throughout the entire weekend, but he did like the F word, also on a side related note he actually said elegant not arrogant, but i can understand the misunderstanding.

yes that was me in the sunglasses, usually I wouldent wear sunglasses in such a situation, but I had a issue with my eye, sorry.

20 hours ago, Mihi said:

LMFAO. Ame was just like :DDD :))) :DDD :))) :DDDDDDDD the entire time, I loved it. The numerous times he flipped his drumstick and dropped it was very cute.

This was one of the best concerts I've been to. They were so good! I remember leaving with a sense of fulfillment because this trip to see them was worth every blow to my bank account. <3

They were better in concert than the GazettE were when I flew to New York to see them.  I didn't make it to any of their panels, but I heard people talking about them in passing and it seemed like they were well received. I loved the casual interactions they had with con-goers/fans as they roamed around the convention. I met Taji when I finally found the VStar table and then later saw Kuro, Ame, and Suuu by the escalators and they were all very nice and awesome. 

Everyone who was with VStar were very nice and helpful despite my constant questions. There was one girl in particular (who's name I never got) that was very patient and friendly. I somehow lost both of my photo passes and had a meltdown about it but then I found her in the artist alley area and told her what happened and  she assured me it was okay because they recorded everyone's names down (which was a superb idea for dumbasses like me who lost their passes). So thank you, girl-who's-name-I-dont-know and thank you @Suuufor you and your team brining RiR to the states!!!

Ame is a very happy drummer~!

I am glad the concert was worth you long travel and the cost.
I'm also glad that my staff handled your photo session issue so well.

Thank you for coming and supporting RiR

19 hours ago, fitear1590 said:

Yay, glad you guys had a good time! Hopefully, the band enjoyed the experience and will do more overseas shows in the future!

We hope so too!

12 hours ago, mahoujin said:

Definitely my favorite concert I've been to. Definitely my favorite weekend ever. I hope I can see them again some day. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend so much, thank you for all of your support!

37 minutes ago, Suuu said:

KuRo tried his best with English throughout the entire weekend, but he did like the F word, also on a side related note he actually said elegant not arrogant, but i can understand the misunderstanding.

Hehe, and I thought Kuro calling him 'arrogant' was so funny.... we know they like to pick on each other!

I'm sure planning/logistics/running around to make things right was a lot of hard work @Suuuand crew, thanks! It was a hell of a show... and a friend who I dragged along who isn't into VK at all texted me Monday to say she was bumping Seirios on her commute. (Hopefully other people there who didn't know the band will check them out further because you and RiR have made it a priority to have their tunes available online overseas!)

Hello everyone.

There are a few important dates coming up for Rides In ReVellion next month.

But first, this month on the 12th is Nagisa’s birthday, it is sort notice, but if you or any of your friends would like to handwrite or draw a picture for Nagisa, take a photo and email it to me I will forward them to him on his birthday.

But as for next month there are a few big things

8th December – Ame’s birthday

19th December – TaJI’s birthday

28th December –  4th single release

29th December – 2nd oneman live

Of course, like Nagisa, and KuRo earlier in the year I will take handwritten notes of pictures to forward for TaJI and Ame.

If you have something else in mind, please dm me so we can discuss.

And for the one man, if enough people are interested I would like to organize a flower arrangement display at their concert.

These are common practice in japan, at a important live (birthday, one man, etc) the fans will put their money together to purchase a flower display which will be at the entrance of the venue on the day of the event.

If enough people are interested I will look into prices.

V STAR PROMOTION

Yes i would love to help with a flower arrangement :D ive always seen other bands with arrangements and they look spectacular <3 

Edited by -NOVA-

I'd be down to pitch in for a flower arrangement. Probably not a lot since Christmas time is a drain on my wallet, but I'd want to at least put in something. 

Hello everyone.

The flower display plans are well underway.

we are now taking donations, if you are interested in making a donation please send my a private message a do will tell you how to do so.

our goal is 30,000 yen

which is somewhere around $300

if we do not reach that goal I will fill in the remaining amount, if we reach over the goal I will allow the fans to discuss and decide on a additional useful gift to buy.

also everybody who donates will have their name written on a board.

Sign in to follow this