Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

Sequence Records is closing?

I wouldn't be too surprised, they haven't got that many bands left : (

It's a shame, Tomozo is awesome and they used to have so many awesome bands, one of my favorite indies records companies.

I know Art Cube is moving onto a new label and apparently there are two interesting changes for them once it happens:

1- The label is owned by the Megura Maykan or whatever it's called's owner.

2- They'd be the only band on the label.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23907107428 There's an interview with Black:List about that label on Nov 18, 2008.

I don't know what's happening to Byakura and whoever else is on that label though : /

Talking about labels who are closing, I am afraid that Sherow Artist Society could be the next one. At the moment there's no band in it.

I know Art Cube is moving onto a new label and apparently there are two interesting changes for them once it happens:

1- The label is owned by the Megura Maykan or whatever it's called's owner.

2- They'd be the only band on the label.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23907107428 There's an interview with Black:List about that label on Nov 18, 2008.

I don't know what's happening to Byakura and whoever else is on that label though : /

Apparently Tomozo owns that label or something like that I think. I don't have the best encyclopedic memory when it comes to VK stuff :-S

I don't think Sherow would close...but if it did, it wouldn't really make a difference since Matenrou and Versailles graduated, Metis Gretel, Dollis Mary, and whatstheirface disbanded, Juka changed his identity, and Hizaki Grace Project is dormant. I think Kamijo will keep it around like Mana did to his label while Malice Mizer was major.

I hope not!! It would be a real shame to lose that piece of history :(

But yeah, it wouldn't really be a surprise either, since Sequence has more or less been inactive since 2008. Byakura is a joke, GallowS is dead, TOMOZO isn't doing shit, and it's pretty obvious that Art Cube is the only thing that's made them any sort of money in years. The only newish bands I've seen Sequence handle are ZELGYER and ZABEL (who appear at every Sequence event for some reason), but they aren't even technically signed to the label as far as I know.

Anyway, I haven't seen this news either, but it'd be an oddly specific thing for someone to come up with. They must have heard it at a live? (It would help if Ameba didn't go down for maintenance every other day!)

Boo >;(

(Sherow, on the other hand, isn't even worth worrying about. It's barely a real label, and KAMIJO's going to keep it technically alive for years and years, never doing anything with it--just like his last label. It's like a McDonalds that's been around for 30 years is closing down, but you're worrying about the two year old “Mr. Donalds?? down the street. Ain't no thing~~~~)

I hope not!! It would be a real shame to lose that piece of history :(

But yeah, it wouldn't really be a surprise either, since Sequence has more or less been inactive since 2008. Byakura is a joke, GallowS is dead, TOMOZO isn't doing shit, and it's pretty obvious that Art Cube is the only thing that's made them any sort of money in years. The only newish bands I've seen Sequence handle are ZELGYER and ZABEL (who appear at every Sequence event for some reason), but they aren't even technically signed to the label as far as I know.

Anyway, I haven't seen this news either, but it'd be an oddly specific thing for someone to come up with. They must have heard it at a live? (It would help if Ameba didn't go down for maintenance every other day!)

Boo >;(

(Sherow, on the other hand, isn't even worth worrying about. It's barely a real label, and KAMIJO's going to keep it technically alive for years and years, never doing anything with it--just like his last label. It's like a McDonalds that's been around for 30 years is closing down, but you're worrying about the two year old “Mr. Donalds?? down the street. Ain't no thing~~~~)

I asked this because my friend that is a die hard Sequence Tomozo guru fan was caught by surprised when I asked her about it. She's traveling right now but she says she'll be on it when she gets back later this week! :wink: She said if it was announced at a live it would of been all over the internet already but she hasn't been able to check her sources I don't think.

Talking about labels who are closing, I am afraid that Sherow Artist Society could be the next one. At the moment there's no band in it.

Not one? Bands/artists I know of that they used to be on that label are:

- Versailles (now with Warner Music Japan)

- Hizaki grace project? (hiatus)

- Matenrou Opera (now with King Records)

- Juka (hiatus)

- Kaya (did he change labels?)

- VII-Sense?

Aren't Kaya and VII-Sense still on that label? Or is VII-Sense signed to Undercode? If so I would find that to be really strange, with Juka's past on that label

Not one? Bands/artists I know of that they used to be on that label are:

- Versailles (now with Warner Music Japan)

- Hizaki grace project? (hiatus)

- Matenrou Opera (now with King Records)

- Juka (hiatus)

- Kaya (did he change labels?)

- VII-Sense?

Aren't Kaya and VII-Sense still on that label? Or is VII-Sense signed to Undercode? If so I would find that to be really strange, with Juka's past on that label

VII Sense are on Red List and are gonna change to a new label.

Kaya has never been on SAS, since he got his own label Traumerei.

Juka is retired so he is no more on the label.

^

Ah I see, since Juka is with VII-Sense. Thank you, I thought Kaya was on SAS since he did that tour with Versailles and Juka.

He was just friendly with them. Kind of how -OZ- tours with PSC bands but isn't actually under their management, or how Schwardix Marvally toured with Matina even though they weren't a Matina band.

HGP isn't really on hiatus, there's just no need, and probably no time, for Hizaki to run a solo project, especially when at one point 3/4 of his current band were also in said solo project (Kamijo did live vocals once Juka left).

Other bands who used to be on SAS include Metis Gretel, Dollis Marry, and Rushia (check my romanization on that one though, katakana's a bit fuzzy right now: ルシア).

He was just friendly with them. Kind of how -OZ- tours with PSC bands but isn't actually under their management, or how Schwardix Marvally toured with Matina even though they weren't a Matina band.

HGP isn't really on hiatus, there's just no need, and probably no time, for Hizaki to run a solo project, especially when at one point 3/4 of his current band were also in said solo project (Kamijo did live vocals once Juka left).

Other bands who used to be on SAS include Metis Gretel, Dollis Marry, and Rushia (check my romanization on that one though, katakana's a bit fuzzy right now: ルシア).

That's correct. You might want to bookmark this site: http://www.kawa.net/works/ajax/romanize/japanese-e.html

2 bands leaving them as well. Hmm.. now I'm starting to think that this rumor could be true. and btw D.L.S I love your new avatar and signature!

(Kamijo did live vocals once Juka left).

He did like one song on the same day Juka sang with HGP, so that's not actually true.

Kaya also sang on a couple of HGP concerts but the project is officially on hiatus since the last oneman in Feb. 2007.

^ Wasn't that just when they toured with Node of Scherzo?

Maybe Kamijo did vocals after that too. Though, I don't know about much more than the music when it comes to HGP.

(Kamijo did live vocals once Juka left).

He did like one song on the same day Juka sang with HGP, so that's not actually true.

Kaya also sang on a couple of HGP concerts but the project is officially on hiatus since the last oneman in Feb. 2007.

Hmm...I remember reading that Kamijo was a support vocalist towards the end of the project from Wikipedia (I think), but I could have misread. I didn't mean to be misleading.

Sign in to follow this