Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Kanye West

Kanye Omari West (pronounced /ˈkɑ?njeɪ/; born June 8, 1977)[1] is an American rapper, singer, and record producer. West first rose to fame as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records, where he eventually achieved recognition for his work on Jay-Z's album The Blueprint, as well as hit singles for musical artists including Alicia Keys, Ludacris, and Janet Jackson. His style of production originally used pitched-up vocal samples from soul songs incorporated with his own drums and instruments. However, subsequent productions saw him broadening his musical palette and expressing influences encompassing '70s R&B, baroque pop, trip hop, arena rock, folk, alternative, electronica, synth-pop, and classical music.[2]

West released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004, his second album Late Registration in 2005, his third album Graduation in 2007, his fourth album 808s & Heartbreak in 2008, and his fifth album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010. His five albums have received numerous awards, including a cumulative twelve Grammys,[3][4][5] and critical acclaim.[6] All have been very commercially successful, with 808s & Heartbreak becoming his third consecutive #1 album in the U.S. upon release.[7] West also runs his own record label GOOD Music, home to artists such John Legend, Common and Kid Cudi.[8] West's mascot and trademark is "Dropout Bear," a teddy bear which has appeared on the covers of three of his five albums as well as various single covers and music videos.[9] About.com ranked Kanye West #8 on their "Top 50 Hip-Hop Producers" list.[10] On May 16, 2008, Kanye West was crowned by MTV as the year's #1 "Hottest MC in the Game."[11]

My favourite hip-hop artist. His latest "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is one of my albums of the year. But recently I've been discovering how good "808s and Heartbreaks" is.

Any other fans?

me. College Dropout really did something on me.

And Jesus Walks, it's one of a song i'll blast everytime i am down. Also Hear Em Say too. He never dissapoints.

Hey Mama makes me sobs everytime i hears it.

His 808 album comes as a surprise to many people,

and many other rappers can say they were influenced by this and that. But i believe his 808 has set a trend for massive usage on autotunes among rappers today.

He got attitude, and sometimes it went over the top.

But he's very skillfull and talented. That alone has equalize his notorious side. Brilliant word play and lyrics.

And genius catchy tunes that stays classy. Especially his tendency to always break the hiphop rules, mix it with any other genres, and making it big time. his musical references is huge like crazy.

There is always a soft spot for Kanye in me.

Even when he wearing the shutter shades.

Which i usually feel disgusted when seeing someone wearing it. I think Kanye the only guy that can sport those shades and still looks badass.

He's a survivor. From #1 hated guy last year to #1 rapper (again) this year.

I don't hear many new rap music, 90% of it just shite.

But Kanye is maestro. He deserves every audience he had now.

I could go on and on, i have more than thousand dozens of wordss for him. I really admire him.

He is the man.

^ everything you said is so true.

And yep, he has really worked his way back up from what happened to him. He let the music do the talking.

I'm addicted to "Coldest Winter" ATM, its amazing. <3 I love the tribal drums from 808s.

I actually like the new album.

Some songs are really bad (like Monster) but other songs are pretty awesome like Gorgeous, Devil in a New Dress, All of the Lights and a couple of others.

I love 'All of the Lights', definitely needs to be the next single.

Anyone heard the H.A.M. collaboration with Jay-Z? Not really sure I like it. The beat is weak.

I kind of liked his collab with 30 seconds to mars, and the song in which he hinted towards Akira. But that's all. I don't really get why lots of people like him. Recommend me something!

if you want something non-rap, try Coldest Winter and Heartless.

for cozy rap, try Heard Em Say (Feat. Adam Levine), Slow Jamz

for fierce rap, try Diamonds Are Forever, Monster, Gold Digger and Everything I Am

I'm a fan of 'Ye. For most of the reason's already posted so I won't reiterate.

I love 'All of the Lights', definitely needs to be the next single.

Anyone heard the H.A.M. collaboration with Jay-Z? Not really sure I like it. The beat is weak.

Actually if I remember correctly he's already confirmed All of the lights will indeed be the next single. I'm interested in how the PV will turn out though, I'e really liked the ones from this album so far.

Still haven't listened to H.A.M. yet though. Jay-z makes me angry so I'm not rushing quite yet. xD

i haven't listened to H.A.M either, their collabo usually good.

But then again that was when Kanye producing it :P

regarding All Of The Lights, it won't be cut out from his mini movie again?

That's cool if that happen. Though wouldn't complaining if it will not be.

that song is played during fireworks scenes if i am not mistaken?

Well I would hope they don't just go that route lol I actually don't remember if they played the full thing in the mini-movie or not but I don't think so, in which case we should be getting something else me thinks D:

I re-watched the movie recently, and they only play a verse and chorus of All of the Lights. I think Monster was the only track left out completly. Probably because he knew that would be the 2nd single. Has the video been released for that yet?

Nobody is credited in the title, but this is the list of singers from the song - Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elton John, Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, Tony Williams, Elly Jackson, and Rihanna

I never really liked him until I heard '808s and Heartbreak', which absolutely blew my mind. So I'm gonna suggest that for a first album. But I was always a fan of his popular songs - Stronger and Golddigger, so I wasn't completly new to Kanye when I heard a whole album.

Also waiting for a tour - he's doing Coachella, so hopefully a world tour follows after that.

I think that's a leak though, it still hasn't been released officially?

Maybe since it leaked he didn't bother to release it officially.

anyway, i want world tour. I wish I was as big of a fan in 2008, I've watched videos of the 'glow in the dark' tour concert he did in Melbourne and even from LQ video it seemed amazing

He did a 25 song concert, with a 15 minute version of Love Lockdown as the final track.

As a fan of lights, lightings, whatever.

With all those neon and everything,

i must say it's a very cool video.

and what a cute little girl too :3

A bit disappointed in the video. If only because I like the 2 different things going on (the beginning in black and white with the girl and then the flashing craziness that follows) but I don't like them together because the former gets lost. So I almost wish they'd just stuck to one or the other.

The seizure lights are a bit painful on the eyes, but I really like the colours, especially the scenes of Kanye on top of the police car. But it could have been so much better.. promising start and then its wasted.

Rihanna boobies. She's always used her sex appeal really well.. but here she moves around like a cheap slut? :P

Sign in to follow this